Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Standard or Extended License?

New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I have a client that wants to do some fun stickers as a small piece of branding.

They want a Gorrilla on the stickers. 

If I was to use a stock image and manipulate / customise it - would I/they need to purchase a standard license or an extended license?

The stickers would be a free giveaway, they would not be looking to sell them.

They would probably want to use the customised Gorrilla image on other digital branding (social/web etc )

Regards

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My interpretation, (and it's not legally binding of course) is that a standard license will allow "Up to 500,000 copies or views of the asset"

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms?state=%7B%22ac%22%3A%22stock.adobe.com%22%7D

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need to disagree with @Jill_C . As this is merchandising, an extended licence would be required. All other indications you gave are irrelevant. But as soon as you have an extended licence, you can use the asset for any of your client's applications.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started