• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stock Files : Ratings & Feedback

Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the obvious reason that Adobe stinks as a company, I can't get anyone in the "chat" to actually know what the freak I'm trying to suggest to them.

Does anyone else get frustrated that you waste a download on a file that doesn't work (flattened jpeg that has the text description in the download!), or has some other feedback that you want to leave for other users, and the artist, and there's NO WAY TO?!! What sort of "store" doesn't let you rate or review a product?! Oi, I love to hate Adobe...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Hi J. C.,

I understand your frustration. However because it is a JPEG you cannot expect any layers to be available for this file. If you want to eliminate JPEGs from your search results you can filter for vector only results, but keep in mind the results will be Illustrator files which can be used in Photoshop but they need to be linked or embedded and the best way to edit this file type is with Illustrator.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. C.,

When a user posts an issue with an asset here on the forums Adobe Stock Staff can confirm the issue and if there is a problem with the file we can grant a replacement license in most cases and also have the contributor notified to remove a bad file. This occurs fairly quickly when posted to the forums. Sometimes there is no issue with the file and the customer needs more information on how certain files can be viewed in a Creative Cloud product.

Is there a particular file that you are having trouble with?

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few of them, that have a certain "appearance", but when you download the file you find out that's not what you got.

Here is today's example. I wanted this file for a 'frame', it evens says "fire frame", but I would have not assumed that the text would be flattened into the file... why would anyone want that file with that text flattened in the middle? I would be nice to leave a review saying, "Hey, that text that you think is just there for description is flattened in the file. So you'll either have to photoshop it out, or get a different file."

AdobeStock_35878765-small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. C.,

I understand your frustration. However because it is a JPEG you cannot expect any layers to be available for this file. If you want to eliminate JPEGs from your search results you can filter for vector only results, but keep in mind the results will be Illustrator files which can be used in Photoshop but they need to be linked or embedded and the best way to edit this file type is with Illustrator.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh, is my reply. But you'd "assume" that the text wouldn't be in the actual downloaded file. Why would any half sensed artist add some silly stock text to their flattened art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. C.,

Please keep in mind that we have contributors with varying levels of experience.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why a rating/review feature would be extremely helpful for those of us who want to find files that will work with our level of experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J. C.,

I get your point and I will forward your feedback to our product management team. Thank you for reaching out.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree it would be nice to add user ratings/review on each item. Even just a thumbs up or thumbs down. Comments would also be great. Especially on Premium items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the text in the picture is very bad style and the moderator should have been refused the image first-hand. And I bet that today's moderators would refuse the image.

If you have access to Photoshop CC, taking out the text of this picture is quite easy.

If you have trouble doing so, or if you do not have access to Photoshop, let me know.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo. I do have CC, and I could have clone stamped it out. But it's just the practice that we can't leave ratings or comments on the files that I file silly. It's not that hard to code that in... It would improve the files from the artists (by getting actual user feedback and not just moderators), and give us the opportunity to "filter" (if not by the actual search filters, at least by passing over low ratings, like we all do at Amazon...). I've also downloaded layered files that were just built so horrendously that the layers I thought 'oh I can just turn off/delete' were nearly impossible to find, or isolate. Or only parts of the file were vector and not what I needed to edit.

My point is, it would be very useful (ie time saving) to have a rating/comment feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started