• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent PNG from adobe stock not transparent

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, I'm so lost! I've been trying to download some transparent overlays to put on my posters and I downloaded a couple ones of glowing lights. It says they're transparent but for the life of me, whether I open them in AI or Photoshop, the grey checkerboard is always in the back. And when I go into AI to try and take the checkerboard out, the image basically ruins itself. Am I not doing it right? Are these labelled as transparent, but actually aren't? Can you even download transparent PNG's from Adobe stock?  Here is the photo I downloaded

AaronBrownStudios_0-1637033872933.png

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

It looks like this was designed to add your own image above the background layer, for example:

drop image above background layer.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no PNG assets on Adobe stock. The asset you are trying to use is an Adobe Illustrator file. It is possible to download a JPEG version of this, however, as JPEG does not manage transparency you ultimately need to edit this in Illustrator to get the required effect.

Please don't hesitate to update this if you need further help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pathetic that Adobe Stock dont give stock that is PNG transparent.
A company that produce a user Experience programme and design programmes but don't allow sellers of images to give their customers (designers) what they need.  Bad brand Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is room for improvement. Since the takeover of Fotolia, Adobe stock has been expanded continuously into new file formats (3D models, audio, templates including mogrt files). It would be great to find PSD files in the database, but they tend to get very huge. PNG files could be an intermediate format, but they too are bigger than JPEG files.

And clearly you need also to have the corresponding quality check. It's not a simple click-through solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add to this: PNG is now a supported format. But that won't help in cases like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this was designed to add your own image above the background layer, for example:

drop image above background layer.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All assets of that type work only when put in front of a (darker) background. The rationale behind is how the foreground blends with the background.

If you like, it's magic, but also magic has its laws and limitations. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started