Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Transparent PNG from adobe stock not transparent

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me, I'm so lost! I've been trying to download some transparent overlays to put on my posters and I downloaded a couple ones of glowing lights. It says they're transparent but for the life of me, whether I open them in AI or Photoshop, the grey checkerboard is always in the back. And when I go into AI to try and take the checkerboard out, the image basically ruins itself. Am I not doing it right? Are these labelled as transparent, but actually aren't? Can you even download transparent PNG's from Adobe stock?  Here is the photo I downloaded

AaronBrownStudios_0-1637033872933.png

TOPICS
Asset Quality

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no PNG assets on Adobe stock. The asset you are trying to use is an Adobe Illustrator file. It is possible to download a JPEG version of this, however, as JPEG does not manage transparency you ultimately need to edit this in Illustrator to get the required effect.

Please don't hesitate to update this if you need further help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like this was designed to add your own image above the background layer, for example:

drop image above background layer.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started