Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlicense accidental stock purchase

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Like many other user I seem to have bee mislead by an innocent looking "license" button. This stange UX puzzles me a bit. Many usere seem to have reported the issue. I thought I was going to see "license informations..." not instanly and permanently buy said license.

Would you be so kind and credit me 1 image as you did with other users please ? 🙂

Thank you very much.

Mike

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello defaultokgps3bz7tgb, 

Can you share your asset ID accidently licensed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for the quick answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, 

I have verified that you have licensed asset ID 

274731835,242814249 and have granted you 2 replacement license. Please delete asset from any downloads or library at your end.

Hope this helps !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I did it again... I clicked on #274731835...

I'm sorry, but this is realy aggressive UX, I am quite angry now and feel tricked...

Now I am starting to code a browser plugin to disable this feature 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@micamou,

Without wanting to shame you: It never happened to me to push the licence button without me wanting to license an asset. 🙂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time when it happened I didn't know what the button was for, so I clicked to "see the license info" I thought.... wrong, it is a "1clic purchase" and the word "License" is used as a verb and not a noun in this particular case.

The second time, I was scrolling through images, one caught my attention, it was above and on the left of my cursor's position, I wanted to enlarge it to see it better, so I moved my mouse to the image and clicked, but not only is the button unclear on its purpose, it is also invisible, and it just appeared below the cursor milliseconds before the click.

This feel a bit like the opposite of the frustrating troll apps we used to send each other on Windows 95 where the close button was impossible to click🙂

The fact that you master this design doesn't mean it is good or easy or clear, actually there are literally hundreds of complaints about this button 🙂

So don't worry, I don't feel ashamed 🙂 I feed fooled, but as a smart politician said one day "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again". 😉

I am just giving feedback to help improve the product. A setting to disable 1clic purchase in the account could do the trick.  But I fear that these kinds of designs are data-driven, and the data probably shows that it leads to move conversion and not so many complaints so yea, it will probably stay there, unless .... I'm a dreamer I know 😉

Have a nice day and I hope you will remember me every time you do not click on this button accidentally😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my, is my english bad, sorry !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you master this desing doesn't mean it is good or easy or clear, actually there are littary hundreds of compains about this button 🙂

By @micamou

That's why Adobe is not discussing the fact that you mistakenly licensed the asset, except if you really take advantage of the system. It's a trade-off between ease of use and workability. There may effectively be a dialogue asking you if you really want to license... But that would angry those frustrated by 100-clicks-and-more...

Now you know and pay attention and when @Vani_100 jumps in, you will get credited the 2 asset points back (probably, I won't influence her in her decision-making).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started