• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What kind of license or buing single photos I should I buy for get pictures from Adobe Stock

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like ask what type licence I need or just buy single photos if I want use this photos from the link below for sell main photos in form print, poster or canvas. I need this photos for this begining to serval and with time when I get customers I will need more maybe 20, 30 or 50 I dont know yet. So what is perfect licence or single buying if I would like use this templates for sell my pictures? https://stock.adobe.com/uk/search?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=1&filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aillus... Lukasz

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

People will not buy the whole composed picture, but only a print of the picture of the tram (in my example) and may be a frame similar to the one used in the template.

So yes, a standard licence will be enough.

Just for the record:

If you print the composed picture on a mug, and you sell the mug, you would need an extended licence...

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you are not an English native speaker. I really tried to grab the sense of what you need and are asking for, but I failed. Maybe you could reformulate in your Language and I will use the translation tool if needed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want to be unpleasant, but I consider your lack of professionalsim as you are replying to customer as an Adobe Community Professional. 

Maybe my English language is not the best one but communicative that I can, live in the country where is main English language and use everyday without any problems. 

When it comes about sense my message this is the answer to my understanding of the policy Adobe Stock. 

So if you don't understand I will explain you:

I am asking what kind of licence I need or buy a single photo ( Maybe I don't need any licence but I have to buy a singe photo, I don't know, that's why I am asking )

Then I wrote: I need this photos for this begining to several ( yes, I agree there is a mistake- no two letters because I wrote from phone with android system that has problems with Adobe app ) 

Then I write that, I will need more a I get customers for my photos using your templates.  And again, at the end of the message i ask; what will be the best licence for this or if I should buy single photos ? 

And in the title a letter jumped ( this is android ) 

So there is something eles you don't understand Abambo ? 

Anyway, Adobe should allow edit posts.

Regards 

Lukasz 

[moderator deleted the link in the signature]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, if I offended you, but we both are writing in a language that is not our first. Yours is Polish (probably) and mine is Luxembourgish. There is no lack of professionalism, to ask someone to reformulate a question in a language that is probably easier for you, especially if your question is a licensing question that really needs a precise understanding of what is needed.

So let me now reformulate what I think that I have understood:

if your aim is to use one of the afore mentioned pictures to use them as a template for showing potential customers how your pictures will look framed in a living-room.-atmosphere like this

Abambo_0-1621779740890.png

you need to acquire a standard licence for the asset or the assets you want to use. You can, however, reuse the asset multiple times and do not relicense each time.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, just only one thing I'm not siure. In the link provided by you is written :

Standard licence

With standard licence, you may not:

-Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt or coffy mug that somone would by buy specially becouse of the asset printed on it.

So can I use standard licence for sell my pictures use this templates ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People will not buy the whole composed picture, but only a print of the picture of the tram (in my example) and may be a frame similar to the one used in the template.

So yes, a standard licence will be enough.

Just for the record:

If you print the composed picture on a mug, and you sell the mug, you would need an extended licence...

(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started