• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to report license misuse/theft by someone else

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a website that is taking a large portion of Adobe Stock images and is selling them outright, as-is, which is against the TOS here. The website is: https://www.cncfiles.us/  They are also posting them all over Facebook under various accounts. This is their main FB page: https://www.facebook.com/cncfilesus

Is there a way to report this?
As a designer myself it really irks me that people like this get away with this kind of thing.

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Adobe does have partner relationships with other sites with an API to promote Adobe Stock on their websites. In such cases, you would still receive payment for your images. It's not possible to know whether the site you linked above is one of those API partners. The procedure to report possibly stolen images is shown on this page:

Report suspected misuse of your IP (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does have partner relationships with other sites with an API to promote Adobe Stock on their websites. In such cases, you would still receive payment for your images. It's not possible to know whether the site you linked above is one of those API partners. The procedure to report possibly stolen images is shown on this page:

Report suspected misuse of your IP (adobe.com)

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not promoting Adobe stock in any way shape or form - they are taking the images off adobe, putting their own copyright watermarks on them and selling them as SVG, CNC, and other files for engraving - saying they are their own creations. This is from a multitude of different creators on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's probably a good idea to report it. How do you know that the images they're repackaging are from Adobe? 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I've literally gone thru everything they sell and looked it all up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PhotoBug1970
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please file a complaint via Report suspected misuse of your IP (adobe.com)

This will route the issue to the appropriate team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still use that feature to report even tho it is not my IP? There are a plethora of artist that this person has stolen from. If I were to hazzard a guess I would say at least 50 different artists at minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I will do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not promoting Adobe stock in any way shape or form - they are taking the images off adobe, putting their own copyright watermarks on them and selling them as SVG, CNC, and other files for engraving - saying they are their own creations. This is from a multitude of different creators on Adobe.

By @PhotoBug1970

That may still be part of the API use. But reporting them does not make them harm if they are licensed to do that. There is no other method to find out.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started