• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube Standard License for Image

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I use an image with a Standard License with a YouTube video expecting 1000 or 2000 views, which is less than 500,000. Do I need to write "Image License: Adobe Stock Standard License" in the video description on YouTube when uploading? Can I acquire an extended license if the video reaches more than 500,000 views at that stage or are all videos posted to YouTube subject to the Extended License independently of the number of views, even if it's just 50 views? Thank you!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

I just gave a call to Adobe and I have been advised that a Standard License can be used up to 500,000 views. Thank you 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction: "do all videos created for YouTube using an image from Adobe Stock that get uploaded to YouTube require an Extended License, independently of the number of views that the video receives"? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave a call to Adobe and I have been advised that a Standard License can be used up to 500,000 views. Thank you 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I personally would consider YouTube social media and not broadcasting. So, IMHO, the 500k restriction does not apply. However, when having views in that magnitude, you can pay an IP lawyer to help you sort that problem out, or you can simply acquire the more expensive license. 

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started