• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YOUTUBE VIDEOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a Standard License audio as soundtrack to youtube. Youtube blocked the video and when I showed them the license, it said I can use the audio but I can't earn money from the video for my account. I am posting cooking videos and want to gain followers and eventually monetize the account, not the specific video. please advise.

and by the way, this site says that you can contact human help at customer service, and even has an icon with headsets, but have all the humans gone home?

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For YouTube, you need to follow the procedure here: Audio Copyright Claims instructions | Adobe Stock 

If you want to contact Adobe customer service, follow the following instructions:

Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

The links you sent me regarding the license seem to refer to an extended license. I was finally able to call Adobe and they told me that my license is standard, that Adobe does not yeat sell extended licenses althoug they are planning on doing so at some unspecified date. I don't understand then why there are web pages that discuss what to do with regards to extended licesnes when they aren't sold by Adobe.  The extended license is allows "commercial" use whereas the standard license does not. I think that this is not clearly laid out in layman's terms on the site. 

Also, I tried 3 different browsers and my phone's browser and was not able to get the chat window to pop up. I was able to previously, this is a new issue. I think it has been disable from the site. I don't have ad blockers or a firewall on my phone, it should have opened the window-and in fact I was able to open such a window for a different site. Please ask them to check.

Again, thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a copy of Adobe's Audio Standard License which I downloaded from the site. unfortunately, it is not at all clear. it speaks about being able to create "Projects" combining audio and video. it is written in leagleese, considering how large the market is for people who post vidoes to youtube and tiktok, etc, and who aren't familiar with the confusing array of laws, Adobe should make it absolutely clear, in laymans terms, "you can post a video our audio on you tube, but you can/can't monetize your channel unless you have and extended license".... which, according the agent that spoke to me "we don't sell yet".

my parnter and I have purchase many photo assets over the years and have recently purchase audio assets which are now useless. Adobe has become less user-friendly than before, it used to be much easier to speak to someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I suppose that Adobe needs to write their licencing terms in such a way that they are enforceable. If you need counsel, you need to ask a lawyer specialized in that matter. I can't counsel you, and probably no one can here on these fora.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your missing the point, other sites, such as Pond5, write the terms clearly is such a way as to be understood by laymen and are still enforceable-they not only write the terms, they explain them. Adobe could do that if getting their customers to purchase such licenses were important enough.

I seriously doubt that potential buyers would be willing to pay for a lawyer, it would be much easier to go to a site that explains it well. When I called in, the agent was able to explain it to me-why can't Adobe put that in writing on the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not missing the point. If the agent on the phone did give you advice, that's OK to me, but I doubt that there will be public advice here of more than is published by Adobe by now.

When I called in, the agent was able to explain it to me-why can't Adobe put that in writing on the site?

By @SABEH5E87

I'm not Adobe, so I can't answer that question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kindly read my answers, you are missing the point, sorry.

see my answer below to to "test scrteen name", adobe is giving contradictory information.

the point is that adobe should be giving clear advice, it isn't.

see the agreement which I sent prviously and see the screen shot-then incorporate what I said about the agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried 3 different browsers and my phone's browser and was not able to get the chat window to pop up. I was able to previously, this is a new issue. I think it has been disable from the site. I don't have ad blockers or a firewall on my phone, it should have opened the window-and in fact I was able to open such a window for a different site. Please ask them to check.

Again, thanks for your time.

By @SABEH5E87

No, it needs to be something on your side. I'm able to open this, and I never had a problem.

Abambo_0-1635599860191.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standard license allows full commercial use on Youtube, so far as I can see (so long as you aren't posting music videos). It's perfectly normal for Youtube to "strike" your video, because Youtube don't know you have a license. This protects your exclusivity - people can't just use illegal copies to improve their videos and compete with you.

You are supposed to send Youtube a "clearance code" for the "content ID". Not "show them the license". Not sure if you did this, but the details are here: https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/adobe-stock-audio-content-id-claims.html#gs.eg0v3g

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your comments. when the block occurred, I did in fact give youtube all the necessary documenation, their answer was that I can post the video with the music, but if I intended to monetize the channel, that is not covered by adobe's license.

in other words, if I am a cook and I post several videos using adobe's music as background, no problem.

however, if I gather a large following and then attempt to sell advertising on my channel, that would be breaking the copyright license-according to youtube.

I'm not selling the music, but I am indirectly using it commercially-accoding to youtube.

when I called in to adobe, I spoke to an agent who told me that in order for me to monetize, I would need an extended license-that the standard one does not cover that. 

she then told me that adobe does not yet sell extended licenses for music-only standard ones.

the issue here is not just one of usage, it is of usage in a commercial purpose-and that needs to be made clear by Adobe.

Example, several sites, such as Pond5 say that it is a full commercial license or it is not... adobe does not make that clear.

in fact, Adobe has made things confusing: take a look at the following

attached is the adobe license code.

if you look at it, it shows examples, but for "extended license" only-this is on the first page...  see the second attachment screenshot... it specifically states "extended"-BUT, according to the agent I spoke to, Adobe does not sell extended licenses, only standard ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now filed objections to YouTube for all videos in this manner. This page is in Japanese, but I hope it will be helpful.

https://stock.adobe.com/jp/audio-copyright-claims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This page exists also in English: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/audio-copyright-claims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started