Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dockable Portal Nodes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Substance team!

Really enjoying the new portal node and it's keeping graphs really clean and readable, it also encourages reusing nodes so it keeps the computation time down.

I was wondering if there was a possibility to make portals dockable.
Let's say something like this with a different color to differentiate it from other nodes.

chun_pubg_1-1726735711497.png

The reason I'm requesting for this is that, while moving things around, portals don't often get picked up when you drag nodes around unless you specifically marquee select them.

It is often times more intuitive to grab the two nodes you want to move and just shift them to where you want them but at the moment, the portals would be left behind. This is also the case when trying to grab a node and holding Shift to expand the frame, but the portal gets left behind.

My colleagues have the same sentiments about this which is why I'm making this request.

It would be really great if something can be improved about this, thank you so much!

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this idea, it would be a useful addition to portals. Upvoted.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2024 Sep 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the thoughtful suggestion and rationale! I have forwarded your message to the rest of the team for discussion.

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | Quality Engineer, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate