• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A few conveniences from what we typically have in vector soft

Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  quick , working on 2d view  gradient  tool +  gizmo like in Photoshop  for quick linear or radial gradient  that would add  its node automatically .   2d screen preview for curve node nodes placement maybe.

2. vector soft style path/shape draw  with easy selecting   each object .  Current  svg node is inconvenient and ancient as hell.    Or an ability to import  each vector layer  same way psd layers do  in psd importer.   Just not so slow  please.    

3.  copy/ paste   working for  quick pasting something  without search for file with ability to re-link later  if necessary.   just for a sake of quickness. 

4.  vector shapes draw with  material  fill  and  feather edges  quick option .  I recollect old Creative house  Expression  which have  noise based shape feather   with extra curve settings to adjust the with  of that feather .     So lacking this feature.  Those procedural things  sometimes need just a tiny easy manual touch.  

5. transform gizmo working not in 0-1 range but  exact pixels . With ability to scale around  set center of transforms .  not just rotate  but scale too.   With a snap to pixels option.  I love Affinity Designer for that matter for example.

6.  split node   that could split material into separate stripes.    Asphalt edge and painted line  for example . I start to do it together  in one 1kx2k texture , then  split into two in the end . Painted line as  exactly 64x2k  and  road edge nearby  as 256x2k .  With current crop  node it's monstrously inconvenient. 

7. noise fills  that doesn't  squash or stretch when you go non square.  And not scales too. 

Not that all those things are not possible to do with pixel processor , functions  and fx maps .   I spent last 10 years doing such sort of conveniences on my spare time  but I am not a programmer and my things work slow and glitchy.     They each time ask for some long forgotten resources  and I absolutely have no time and stamina to debug them.   The last one I did  in a sort of crazy state  and years after still couldn't figure out  how I did it and why it suddenly works .   In all honesty  both pixel processor and function editing don't tell you much or show good enough of digits preview  you have with geometry nodes in Blender  for example . So you often have no idea whats happening in the flow really. 

Would be so nice if software would be not just flexible  sandbox for construction but  be really simple and convenient at the same time. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Substance Graph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2024 Sep 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Thank you for the extensive feedback and suggestions! I have shared them with the team.

We agree our support of vector graphics is fairly limited and dated.

After we discuss your suggestions internally, I may reply to each point. I appreciate your patience in until then!

Best regards.

Luca Giarrizzo | Quality Engineer, 3D & Immersive | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate