Exit

pecial Unreal Engine Substance Plugin's

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I ask the question here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/substance-3d-painter-discussions/special-unreal-engine-substance-plug...

There I was told this part of the forum exist, so I am moving the question here.

I was told that the substance plugin should work on other platforms but that does not seem to be the truth, as I get this error: 'Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/Substance/Source/SubstanceCore/Private/SubstanceCoreHelpers.cpp(62,10):fatal error: 'SubstanceCorePS4Utils.h' file not found' as long as I do not remove the default PS4 whitelist inside the uplugin file of the substance plugin.

PS5 for example is not whitelisted by default, if I would add it I get 'ERROR: Unable to instantiate module 'SubstanceEngine': Substance Plugin does not support platform PS5'.

If I let PS5 as not whitelisted as by default, the error does not appear, but the packaging will crash while compiling shaders.

Sadly Epic is not able to just include information why the cooking crashed or what shader did crash the process. So I am not sure if it really is one of the substance shaders used in the project. but as other project are working as intended without the Substance project it seems likly that it is producing those shader crashes.

Tried with the latest github 4.26 and 4.27-plus versions.

Are there any experiences what could cause those probelms?

Best regard

TOPICS
UE4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Console runtime rendering of substance textures is no longer supported in the Substance 3D plugin for Unreal Engine. (The latest generation of consoles, like PS5, Xbox Series, etc is not supported, so that might be the reason you're getting this error)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

thanks for the response, that is good to know, at least this will remove the question if I am missing a special type of substance plugin.

The error itself seemed to be not Substance related but more like a strange Unreal Engine behaviour, as I was able to fix the problem with finding the the problematic materials and just opening them inside the editor once, somehow after this the the shader compile/cook error vanished.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions