• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Substance addon for Blender has preferences very different from the internet ones

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I installed SUbstance addon for Blender and its preferences look very different from what they should look like. In my preferences they are like that: 

subs_addon.png

As for the internet ones they're like that:

blender_overview_preferences_1.png

 I installed several versions including several Integration Tools versions, even the latest ones have the smae different options. Whats happening? Thx!

TOPICS
Bugs & Crashes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'I installed several versions including several Integration Tools versions, even the latest ones have the smae different options.'

The add on is at version 1.01 and the integration tools at 1.4.5. I would uninstall the tools (using the ininstall tools button, then remove the add on using the Remove button. Then close and restart Blender and try again.

Current versions are here : https://substance3d.adobe.com/plugins/substance-in-blender/

Installation instructions here :  https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/integrations/preferences-232292581.html

This is what it looks like here, which matches the documentation:

2022-12-14_11-51-59.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this thread from Substance Painter to Substance 3D Plug Ins discussions

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I did that but still getting this error! Is it a known thing? Why does it keep happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you are seeing differences, to the preferences I see here.

I am using Blender 3.3.1 on Windows 10 Pro v21H2

As said above the add on is v1.0.1 and the integration tools 1.4.5

I do have the node wrangler plug in enabled - although I am not sure that would make a difference.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

It looks like you're using an old version of the plugin, please download the latest plugin here: https://substance3d.adobe.com/plugins/substance-in-blender/#:~:text=The%20Substance%203D%20add-on,op... 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation
Download Latest Versions