• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metallic/Roughness vs Spec/Gloss

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Stager supports the Spec/Gloss workflow?

I have an asset I need to render--a model with previously authored textures that use the Spec/Gloss workflow.  I applied the textures in painter, using the PBR Spec Gloss shader.  It's all looking good.  But when I send it to Stager, not only does it not display any textures, but the material options don't seem to supposrt the Spec/Gloss workflow.  Only Metallic Roughness.

The only option seeminly availble to me, is to render in IRAY straight in Painter--which seems to work well.  I just wanted the additional rendering option in Stager--lights, cameras, etc.

Any insight is appreciated.  Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Hi @DavidLRG !  Stager does not currently support Specular/Gloss workflows, only Metallic/Roughness.  

If interested you can learn more about the Adobe Standard Material - which is used by Stager - here:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/s3d/files/225969597/225969613/1/1647027222890/Adobe+Standard+Material+-+Specification.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DavidLRG !  Stager does not currently support Specular/Gloss workflows, only Metallic/Roughness.  

If interested you can learn more about the Adobe Standard Material - which is used by Stager - here:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/s3d/files/225969597/225969613/1/1647027222890/Adobe+Stan...

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for answering the question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources