• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated texture in Substance 3D stager

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I placed a graphic (image) on any model in stager & render it, results are pixalated.

I've tried image in high resolution with both jpg & png. but results are same.

As Compared render with same settings in Dimension the results are way good then the stager.

here are the comparison results of rendered model in stager vs dimesnion.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Hi everyone!  A note from the Stager team here.  We're aware of the pixelated graphics issue and now that our 2.0 release is out this is the top priority for us to fix.  We'll be hoping to share an update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you share a screenshot of the Stager Setting's in therender screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of Stager Setting's in the render screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with any placed decal, jpg, png or .ai. Decals becomes pixelated. In dimensions it looks perfect. It makes substance 3D stager quite unusable for my work. Heading back to dimension for now seems to be only swift solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you campare Ps rendered files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes both the dimension & stager were from file are from psd(Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue when I tried in Stager. I tried PSD and PNG and I can confirm they are both pixelated. Looks like a bug to me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution yet ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try latest updated version of Stager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... still an issue. Useless software with this. Time to cancel the subscription. Looks like another issue they will not fix. Starts to be a few in other adobe software as well. Small issues they simply dont fix. Can live with most of them, but this one is a killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there was the subscription cancelled. Dimension does the work I need anyway. Thanks for keeping the thread alive and it made me check and confirm it is still an issue. I might come back if they ever fix it, but as mentioned - Adobe has the history for using yeeeeears and years to fix the small bugs and I´m not going pay for a subscription all those years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Makes Substance useless. This is not good, Aobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY VERY Sadly, same for me...

My decal (place image on) pixelated.  No matter what I do.  I thought maybe "displacement" might be the problem, but it doesn't make sense.  Stager simply does NOT render decal/image clearly.

The decal was designed as a vector. I tried illustrator AI - which continues to puzzle me. It's VECTOR.
I blew up the image (vector) nearly 40 inch and 300 DPI - same 😞
I exported as a 300DPI png - same 😞

Truly, truly disappointing and make it unuseable for every application. 

Maybe ADOBE is working on it, or maybe they just don't know how to fix it yet???

Most recent version and vector, so unless I'm missing something - I agree with all above ^^^
Take the rendering module from Dimension and utilize the same code inside of Stager.

Or, Blender is open-source. See how they do it... 😉 (wink)

I would be happy to provide whatever you need to investigate, as I am learning as well.

-E-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emma, I posted about this in another thread and I finally figured out what's going on, and why not everyone notices the problem...

candymanman_0-1669125677926.png

If the above doesn't make sense to you, give me a call and I'd be happy to try and help you. I know how frustrating it can be when we cannot get a good render of a decal place on tiny portion of a large surface.

(636) 542-8560
Facebook.com/thecandyboxguy
www.GrowMyListings.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg,

While I appreciate the offer for a work around, no matter how we cut it, the decals will continue to be 72 dpi and even at the highest resolutions, close-ups or "near" close-ups, the decals are pixelated.

Sadly, Adobe does not even have it listed as a primary "Known Issue" and it should be "Known Issue", #1.

Here's my workaround....  😉     After I get everything where I want it, I leave off all decals.
I can import the objects into Blender, add decals and Whammo!  No Pixelation.

• Stager is easy-to-use and way more fun that Blender.
  • What if there was an Adobe product that DID render decals with configurable resolutions... oh Wait! DIMENSION!

(A few hints for Adobe)

#1 - List it as a KNOWN ISSUE
#2 - Take the rendering module(s) and code base for Dimension Rendering engine and leverage it in STAGER!
#3 - Consider this more important than the other known issues, because there isn't a single paying Adobe customer that is happy about this and wouldn't LOVE to use Stager for close-up, near-close-up rendering of objects with decals.

Angry.  Mostly because they just won't list it, acknowledge it and/or consider it a priority to fix.

-E-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How funny you mention Blender! For the past few days I've been deep diving tutoritals on Blender. I've built all my product stages for photo shoots of different items. All i can say is WOW WOW WOW. Blender is the BOMB. And now, I can also do nice panning videos of my stages for facebook ads. I've canceled my substance subscription. While it is user friendly, it's lack of attention to this pixelation anomoly coupled with it's inability to render simple panning videos has forced me to take the time to learn the not-so-user-friendly Blender. I so glad I was pushed to learn it! It is so powerful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant even get an Adobe employee to comment on teh issue. Niether here or on the official Substance Discord. I posted a indepth explination of what is going on there and nothing. It was like they are purposely ignoring it. I even asked @JMathews  directly if there was a better place to post this issue and all I got were crickets. It is like they have no intent on addressing it, let alone acknowledging it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you add decals easily in Blender, I would love to know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the latest....  On behalf of my fellow designers and artists, and considering costs, can someone update us all?
@adobe @adobesupport #adobesupport

It would be easiest to utilize the same engine, maybe as Dimension. 
Don't force 72 dpi.
Allow rendering to choose/set DPI/quality maybe?
If Dimension is only good for 72 DPI, then it's non-sensical until images on, decals, can be rendered high resolution and clear.

Can we expect a grand update to solve the known issue soon?

-E-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opps  *Stager (not Dimension) ... then it's not useful until then.
I'm now trying a few other programs to render until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Emma.

Has anyone on this thread managed to try out the new version of Stager yet? I'm wondering  if this is fixed now?

Looking at the bug fixes:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/sg/all-changes-213064920.html

They mention this one

[Memory] Fixed an issue where editing a decal with raytracing on would consume GPU and not release it after the edit.

Not entirely sure if that was the issue.

Might download the trial again and test it when I have time.

Hope springs eternal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!  A note from the Stager team here.  We're aware of the pixelated graphics issue and now that our 2.0 release is out this is the top priority for us to fix.  We'll be hoping to share an update soon.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like this is fixed using the Ray Tracing render option. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with ray tracing option i still have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources