Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RayTracing quality on Stager 1.2.0 version April 2022

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Eagerly awaiting stager to be as good as we hope and wish it to be...these issues listed below are purly to notify the team of issues that need resolving.

Issues:
  • RayTracing visual test before full render has become shockingly poor quality (pixelated and grainy) and extremely slow on basic objects like a cube. Screenshots attached.
  • Render mode speed has rapidly increased meaning longer time to see final output.
  • Is there any way I can go back to previous version of stager 1.1.2 as for my computer system it was running relatively fine in comparison to this latest release.
  • No Steam offline mode available to run the software without being online.
  • Ideally a new update is released quickly before other users experience the same issues as me.

Computer spec:
  • Mac OS Monterey
  • MacBook Pro 16” 2021
  • M1 Max
  • 64gb

Stager version:
  • Steam version
  • 1.2.0 version Downloaded today

Thanks

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm on the same MBP 2021 M1 MAx 64Go and in the beta of Stager.

. The render working fine. The render preview is not he final rendering, there is often a big gap between preview and the final rendering.

. The final rendering seems to be longer ( i need to test more)

. For Steam, i'm not on it and maybe someone else can answer to this.

. A new release is on the way but if you need to share feedback for Stager there is a better place : https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/forums/936174-substance-3d-stager

Ask to vote for the idea when the post is done 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply:

I've been using Adobe dimensions and Stager for a long time now so it was a shock to see how the preview raytracing has deteriated in this lasts version. 

normally you can get a good impression of how the final render will look like on the preview but now as per my screenshots the images are far more pixelated and grainy.

Is this maybe a processor issue with the new Mac chips?

- final renders typically are about 5- 20mins but now 50mins +

Let's see how other users get along with the new update.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following on from the initial issues plus a few additional issues I have experienced during testing the recent update:

1) Disappearing objects: 

• Working inside the program: Sometimes out of nowhere an object would just disappear from the screen without any possible way to bring it back - pressing command undo does bring the items back.
  • Saved Stager files: Similar issue, sometimes items just disappear from the screen when reopening the saved file whether that is direct file opening or just opening up from the preview items of recently opened projects. Strangely the project preview shows the right file with all the correct objects however when open items are missing.

2) Rendering speeds: After a few weeks of testing the rendering speeds are still much slower than Dimensions or previous versions of Stager.

3) The raytracing preview was far better on the previous versions of Dimensions and Stager.

4) Performance issues: On a number of ocassions whilst applying some basic materials to an object the computer Mouse progress wheel starts to appear like its buffering but the GPU doesnt show its under any stress.

4) Camera view locking: I found that Dimensions is better at creating a set camera angle. I find it a bit frustrating that when you find the perfect scene and then you pan or zoom out the camera then forget the original position if you didn't lock the camera. Having the camera angle locked from the start would be perfect (like Dimensions).

5) Glass effects: The reflections, transparency and general finish of the rendered image look unrealistic, compared to previous Stager/Dimension versions.

Overall I love the software and see great potential with it but these small isues need to be ironed out...@JMathews and the Stager team keep up the good work.

Computer spec:
  • Mac OS Monterey
  • MacBook Pro 16” 2021
  • M1 Max
  • 64gb

Stager version:
  • Steam version
  • 1.2.0 version Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources