Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REQ: Allow Stager and other Substance 3D to run on Windows 2019 Server

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

With lockdowns and working from home becoming the normal, studios and artists are moving their workstations to the cloud and connect from any low key laptop or computer. I routinley work like this, especially that as an indie artist it wouldn't make sense to invest in tens of thousands to purchase several RTX cards machine and instead I utilise the cloud to pay for what I use only when I am using it. The options on the cloud are much better of course.

To that extent I use AWS Accelerted Computing instances, these are Xeon workstations with 1, 4 or 8 Tesla Cardds that I can spin up and use as fluidly as using my own workstation. Netflix animation team uses same solution on AWS.

The problem I am having is that I tried to install Substnace 3D on one of those workstations, but creative cloud wouldn't allow me because somehow the condition to install is looking for windows 10 specific version or more. Well Windows 2019 Server is windows 10 for Enterprise. So would it be possible to release a patch for the Substance 3D products that will allow artists like me install on Windows 2019 Servers?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello l3D, Windows Server is not a supported installation path but we can thank you for the idea. You can always submit to User Voice as a feature request.

https://feedback.substance3d.adobe.com/

Best,

Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Marco

I just did.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources