• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stager 1.0.2 brings Apple ARM (M1) Emulation Support!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!  We have a new release today (Stager 1.0.2) which now supports emulation mode for Apple ARM (M1) devices.  We've gotten great feedback from beta testers about it's performance and really excited to bring Stager to new devices!

No timeline for native support right now, but we'll keep you posted!

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a silly question, but can someone tell me what the difference is between an emulation and the real thing? Does it run slower or render slower or work differently in any way?

Sorry noob here 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue when rendering multiple cameras in high quality. I use M1 Pro mac. 

white squares always pop up somewhere in my final render only when rendering in high quality. I made a post with photos on the discussion board. Another person has the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, JMathews. Are there any updates on M1 support? If not, is the emulation mode automatic, or does the user have to do something? Explain it to me like I'm five years old. I have students who use this software, so I need to be able to support them. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sickwithamouse !  Stager is still using emulation mode which is automatically run when the app is launched.  There is no need to configure anything and all app functions should run normally.  The difference between emulation and native mode is actually fairly limited for Stager - we expect the performance is at about 80% because our most intense functions are GPU based, not CPU based.

Native mode for Stager is not planned right now - we will have it at some point in the future, but for "reasons" it won't becoming out in the next year or so at least.

Senior Product Manager, 3D & Immersive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh this is great to know. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why one feels the need to thank you for transparancy... none the less. 'Thanks'

Disappointing news for Mac Silicon owners not being optimised for full use anytime soon.

Time to drop experimenting with Substance ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't a huge customer base mac based?  I am disappointed that native M1 support won't developed any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources