Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooh ... oooh ... oooh ... can I come look?

And hey, I've also got old photo-processing equipment still out there ... and stored in the studio. Was great gear with fantastically matched lenses and such ... by the time we were done with it absolutely no sellability, and I couldn't just dump that fine gear in a dumpster ... though I did put more than half our wet-process stuff in a huge one.

Can't even find any museums that want this stuff, as the several I've contacted had already been 'gifted' large amounts of photo-processing gear. One even asked if I could take some of the stuff they were storing off their hands! Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

Oooh ... oooh ... oooh ... can I come look?

If you really want to.

R Neil Haugen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I collected old military surplus radios in my younger days. There was somewhat of a "cool retro factor" with them. I was hoping to get them functioning, but an aircraft receiver that worked off of non-standard power supplies was hard to convert and the old beeswax capacitors had to be replaced. After a while the lightweight digital readout radios took over and I simply sold the "boat anchors" to someone else.

Might come off as a curmudgeon, but the old stuff took up space, weighed a lot and required a lot of maintenance.

Come to think of it, a bit like myself these days.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My husband and I are in the process of moving from a medium-sized house to a small condo. 30 years of accumulation...you don't really notice how much stuff there is until you start packing it all up. (I even have one vacuum tube that I saved from my father's workshop.)

The hardest thing is the books - we have a couple thousand at last count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I got rid of all my books, I would have to actually insulate the house (good R-value in that library!).

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have my sympathies.   Moving totally changes one's perspective about collecting.   Books were the biggest challenge when we downsized 7 years ago.  We kept our favorites and donated the rest.  But we still have way too much stuff. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SJRiegel  wrote

(I even have one vacuum tube that I saved from my father's workshop.)

The boxes of vacuum tubes are in one of the basements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacSupportsWindows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Twitter account of the Unipiper, a Public Service Announcement:

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 10.58.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my ... that's clearly in Portland, Oregon  ... 60 miles from me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that (Photoshop) fire coming out of the pipes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not post the full-size pic, so here's a close up of the flames. Photo-edited or no?

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.44.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are people who do bagpiping with fire coming out of them. It's probably real. And awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost that time of year again

^00F28A25E1257B82A7125FC3C2A88A9F4057DDB60E21BD2E22^pimgpsh_mobile_save_distr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a "Back to the Future" DeLorean?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flames came from one pipe only, as a Photoshoper I would have put flames in all pipes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRBgiieW4AAXOmV.jpg_orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ziggy - days to Xmas.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dilbert - Please Wait.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of awards, Bob's post reminds me of this news article on the BBC today

YouTube prankster admits killing boyfriend in stunt gone awry - BBC News

Basically, these social media wannabees decided that one would shoot at the other while he held an encyclopedia in front of him in lieu of a bullet proof vest.  Only they didn't use a 22, or 38 or even a 45 magnum.  What they used was a Desert Eagle.  The same gun that Vinnie Jones used to such good effect in Guy Ritchie's Snatch.

And FPS Russia to smash concrete blocks.

A book was never going to stop that round.  What on earth were they thinking?!

If these guys do not win one of these, I don't know what it would take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob's post reminds me of that old programmer's lament;

"I don't want to say this compiler is slow but, not only do you have time to go out for a cup of coffee, you actually have time to travel to Bolivia to pick the beans yourself!"

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  That's the first time I have seen that all the way through.  NZ Cops are really getting into video promos recently. Waikato ( a bit south of Auckland) put this terrible Christmas karaoke video out early this month (you don't need to watch it all the way through, because trust me... it doesn't get any better)

So a few days ago, Wellington responded with this way better video in which the cops actually do the singing.  (Sorry it is not on YouTube yet)

Wellington Police launch music video to promote safe driving over Christmas | Stuff.co.nz

We do have some great adverts here though.  I think this is my favourite.  I defy you not to laugh where the dog tries to jump on the ute (truck)

But this comes a close second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines