Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got to Houston last month. Spent a day at Johnson Space Center which is a bucket list thing for me.

Walking into THE Mission Control Center visitors gallery ... wow ... touching a Saturn V ... amazing moments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember as a youngster watching the landings on an old Sears Silvertone TV set with no idea what it must have been like. I would note the control room at Houston with banks of monitors and a technician on each one.

It must have been great seeing all of this up close. I wonder if they still have that room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone's interested, Neil Armstrong's family is auctioning off his personal collection.  The auction begins November 1.  The 3,000-item auction includes one of Armstrong's Project Gemini flight suits (opening bid of $10,000) and a gold pin he wore on his first voyage into space.  Also a personal letter he wrote to the Easter Bunny and a crayon drawing from 1st grade.

First Moonwalker Neil Armstrong’s Private Collection to be Sold at Heritage Auctions

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half the consoles are out being refurbished and some wall and ceiling sections are missing or being replaced.

Next July is a biggie ... 50 years since I watched the TV while watching the moon come up over our cherry orchard ... as that other Neil was getting ready to do that first EVA.

July 20 2019, they'll have a huge celebration at the restored Apollo era Mission Control. All consoles functional with lights and screens on.

And the same orange seats with the cigarette ashtrays on the back of every other seat.

I've sat in those seats where the astronaut families watched the ... key ... parts of missions. Families had absolute priority for that room. Presidents Queens and Senators were on waiting lists. They got in if there were open seats.

And once in, if enough families showed up to fill the seats, well ... dignitaries were optional. Families were not.

I've sat in one of *those* seats. And am looking forward to a future trip to JSC to see the fully restored Mission Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

I've sat in one of *those* seats. And am looking forward to a future trip to JSC to see the fully restored Mission Control.

Cool. I've seen the Mission Control on TV, but I could never make out what was on the monitors. Time to look up MSC on Wikipedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: What’s the wifi password?

Bartender: You need to buy a drink first.

Me: Okay, I’ll have a coke.

Bartender: Is Pepsi okay?

Me: Sure. How much is that?

Bartender: $3.

Me: There you go. So what’s the wifi password?

Bartender: “You need to buy a drink first”. No spaces, all lowercase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BadThingsToTellPolice

DplQ0ebWkAAOZjx.jpg large.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah.

relate cat.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1988.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This had my wife and I in stitches

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminds me when my Aunt moved to Texas, she freaked out at what she thought was an alligator lying in wait. So one of her friends took a look and it was simply a log.

This vid gives out a few laughs...and somehow I think the "spectators" were in on the joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7  wrote

Reminds me when my Aunt moved to Texas, she freaked out at what she thought was an alligator lying in wait. So one of her friends took a look and it was simply a log.

This vid gives out a few laughs...and somehow I think the "spectators" were in on the joke.

I just found a better quality version, which I think reinforces your idea that it was staged.  The first couple especially, looked like actors waiting for something to happen.  Staged or not, I think that the dog had a great time chasing people who ran away from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Staged or not, it’s still funny!

I remember many years ago when my husband and I took a 10-week class on reptiles. It was held in the Reptile House at the National Zoo in D.C. The instructor started opening the enclosures for the gators and crocs. The gharial had been leaning against the door and did not even notice. Then he got to the highly aggressive Cuban Crocodiles. First he told the story about someone who almost lost a hand by not following procedure while lowering something into the enclosure. Then he had an assistant distract the croc in another corner. We watched the croc instantly go into action, leaping up to try to get whatever was being offered.

Then the instructor opened the door wide as we all backed away as much as we dared, trying not to show fear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out what words entered the Merriam-Webster dictionary the year you were born.

Time Traveler by Merriam-Webster: Search Words by First Known Use Date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

Here are a few of mine:

anti-satellite

Asian flu

bitchin' 

bone spur

clip art

doggie bag

happy camper

low-rent

pop-top

pothead

refried beans

static cling

Vietcong

warts-and-all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugger.  I wish I hadn't looked now.

coronary heart disease

anilingus

male menopause

and the only cool one:

supercomputer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And of course Daylight Savings Time:

DrH9_j9U4AAz1Nb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fark_TZSH96wWBSDsl2v21ejKJGK1NzU.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the fact nobody is in the place... which is a sort of voting that actually works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few from Bored Panda today.

Facebook = Life in Perspective... NOT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As, for, me I, prefer to, overuse them.

8AF3F9CE-23AF-41C3-BC44-475DA5DF22B2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too good not to share:

ginger.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InSight's first photos of Mars.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines