Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something we all can relate to.

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CzPJt_dUoAE3Ms0.jpg

We can make this a thread to post relevant cartoons, photo edits, memes and other assorted witticisms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 732 Replies 732
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i remember pacman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can relate, I spent a lot of quality time at the arcade. "Pokemon Go" shows how much things changed, and I like the late Hunter Thompson's take on it:

ahunter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a youth I spent a lot of quality time reading Hunter S. Thompson. Ah, the memories... (what's left of them).

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, me too. The Las Vegas book was fun, of course, but my favorite was always "Fear and loathing on the campaign trail '72". The madness was that much more effective when juxtaposed with calm, rational political analysis - and Hunter was good at that.

In the current madness I sometimes feel HST is the only one who could have put it into proper perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one HST book I burned through was "Hell's Angels" about his involvement with the notorious Motorcycle Club when they were a media hot topic in 1966.

He lived on Parnassus Ave in San Francisco at the time not far from Golden Gate Park.

He did hang out with them getting the book done, but earned a "stomping" for speaking his mind about one member's wife beating and that ended his association with them, but launched his career as a writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hells Angels, Las Vegas, and Campaign Trail '72 were the first three books of his I read. (If I remember correctly, that was just after reading Slaughterhouse Five by Vonnegut.) Anyway, that started me off on HST books as fast as I could get them.

@ D Fosse:

I would LOVE to have been able to read Hunter's take on America's current president!

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

i remember pacman

Pinball was my game!

Pac-Man and Leisure Suit Larry, too, but years later...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

wrote

i remember pacman

Pinball was my game!

Pac-Man and Leisure Suit Larry, too, but years later...

Foosball was our game of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DyqhpCOXQAAAthg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color bars

Color_Bars.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: "My grandpa is 98 years old, and he doesn’t even use glasses."

Jack: "Wow, that is incredible!"

John: “Yep, he drinks straight from the bottle.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dilbert - Low cost system.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I fits, I sits.  The core programming of a cat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c25862f578be94c32b0c3d3304e4d25c61327e1c5721a59c1c1563230b26b788.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the same theme as the picture above, not to say it has been cold here, but I think it killed a ghost.

Ghost2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might look like a CGI composition, but yes it is real and  a night version on the one I posted way back when.

D0KtWAzUUAYfJ9k.jpg orig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google's pretty dangerous. I Googled how to become an arsonist once and it gave me thousands of matches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aren't matches necessary for an arsonist. Also, by Googling such things you could be fighting with fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my turn to cook dinner so I asked my wife for a bit of peace and quiet while I was working in the kitchen.

She took the batteries out of the smoke alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DARK-MEAT-napk-LMM-ppd (Copy).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Leslie for sharing your original artwork with us.  It makes a nice change from the usual memes and cartoons most of us grab from websites and emails.

This one came to me today along with a story about neighbours who called 911 concerned about the baby left home alone crying all day, while its parents went to work.   This  is supposed to be what the cops found after they broke the door down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, thanks for the kind words! And whoa! That parrot is pretty amazing. Reminds me of Rocco the African Grey parrot who was kicked out of an animal sanctuary in Britain for his foul language (taught to him by his previous owner), then adopted by a nice lady, and while she was out he spent the day playing his favorite music on Alexa and ordering things from Amazon including strawberries, ice cream, a kite, and a kettle haha!

Here is Rocco:

rocco.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no words, Patricia...that's funny!

I have heard a few "fowl language" jokes, but I'll leave those out. Anyway it seems truth is stranger than fiction. In a sort of related way I knew a young lawyer who in his "free speech" days said whatever vulgarisms came to mind. He met a young woman who was an avid cyclist as he was and a Christian from what he told me. They had a child, and one day I noticed he stopped using his usual racy language and asked him what happened.

He said he stopped when his daughter learned to speak and would go over and greet his guests with a few "F-bombs"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got a short shelf life, so here goes:

3day.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoe - ASAP or Well.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines