• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

? About Adobe Type Manager 4.1

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased atm 4.1 a long time back.It ran swell on my 32 bit. Funny thing though, I was able to install it once on my Win 7 Pro 64 system but after a format and re-install of my system it won't go back on. I've tryed the property fix and changed it to simulate XP 32 but no dice it still won't install. Anyone else have this happen and fixed it? Is it a Microsoft area? If so can you clue me in or any help you can extend would be appreciated. That program was the bomb when it came to managing my many, many fonts. I guess Adobe discontinued it as I can't find anything on updating the drivers to Win 64 bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

ATM (Adobe Type Manager) was discontinued many years ago and is incompatible with any current operating system version. Specifically for Windows, it is totally incompatible with any version of version of Windows beyond Windows XP and is incompatible with Windows XP 64-bit.

Even attempting to install ATM on current versions of Windows could actually corrupt your system enough to require you to reinstall Windows.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start-Run-Fonts I had no idea Windows allowed as much control over managing your systems fonts. I guess I don't need any other external Font Manager anymore. Probably has the same thing if not better on Win 8 and 10. Way to go Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATM (Adobe Type Manager) was discontinued many years ago and is incompatible with any current operating system version. Specifically for Windows, it is totally incompatible with any version of version of Windows beyond Windows XP and is incompatible with Windows XP 64-bit.

Even attempting to install ATM on current versions of Windows could actually corrupt your system enough to require you to reinstall Windows.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kindly for your reply sir. I appreciate the information. I suppose the software wasn't economically viable any longer to Adobe; I can understand that. I'll have to take things in stride and move along with the times I guess. RIP ATM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2016 Aug 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, many of us inside Adobe as well as many customers miss ATM.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines