• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For anyone attending the International Association for Identification conference in RI this year...

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am altering my photography presentation to include a few minutes on forensic photographers and migration away from Adobe products. I'll also try to bring this up with SWGIT during their meeting. Congratulations, Adobe, you aren't simply pushing out your customers, but ALSO the people who TRAIN them!

G.D. Potash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure someone from Adobe gets your message... https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, Adobe could care less. My post is specifically directed to forensic photographers who may have concerns regarding alternatives to the Photoshop environment. Regarding SWGIT, the inquiries I will make regard ensuring best practices encompass The alternatives... since Photoshop has been the default environment for so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since this forum is to talk about how the forums work, you need to go to the Photoshop forum and post your message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time creating a comment... didn't realize where it posted. What can I say, just a bit peeved at Adobe... just a bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2013 Jun 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of people unhappy with Adobe over the "Cloud only" decision... I don't visit every forum, because I don't use every product, but every forum that I do visit has a message thread (or two, or three, or more...) discussing that unhappiness

Since a message in a thread in another forum says Adobe is happy (about a half a million paying Cloud customers, so far) I personally don't think any discussion in any of the Adobe forums is going to change the Cloud decision

IF it happens that Adobe revenues fall and/or the stock price takes a major hit... then Adobe management may reconsider

Anyway... if you want to talk to Photoshop users... http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's half a million Users out of possibly 20-30 million adobe product users. just in the US alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

But that's half a million Users out of possibly 20-30 million adobe product users. just in the US alone.

Well in that case something has to be done.  This is clearly not acceptable to lose 20-30 million Adobe product users.  Any ideas what can be done without stifling the innovation process?  Obviously, innovation can be from users point of view as well as Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking about a one-sided decission with no alternatives, that may end with  a large number of users unable to keep their Adobe products up to date. Maybe nothing nearing millions, but quite a lot of people who haved been loyal Adobe clients for more than a decade and for whom moving to other products may prove at least troublesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple Have both. a Choice. For those that the only way they can afford and be able to use product. can purcahse the DVD.

Microsoft does that with Office365 of course they only charge $9.95 a Month or $99.95 for a Year. and for those of with Bad Internet or in a Country where Internet is charged by the minute. They can still get the the DVD it will cost them more but they can get it. Because of my Internetituation I will go with the DVD Upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS Office has been mature for many, many years.  Office 2008 runs fine on my machines and I have absolutey no intention of ever upgrading it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although 2008 is a Great Product. it has no VBA (Visial Basic) nor can it use any Macros except some very old Macros for excel that work on anything. Office365 (equivalent Office2011) has a modern VBA engine and can use Macros.  A much better problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

Lots of people unhappy with Adobe over the "Cloud only" decision... I don't visit every forum, because I don't use every product, but every forum that I do visit has a message thread (or two, or three, or more...) discussing that unhappiness

Have you asked them why they are unhappy with Adobe?  Clearly they are irrational because they don't have to be unhappy when they can be happy by not using Adobe products or try some other tricks to achieve the same result without going without Adobe products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ex04exc01 wrote:

John T Smith wrote:

Have you asked them why they are unhappy with Adobe?  Clearly they are irrational because they don't have to be unhappy when they can be happy by not using Adobe products or try some other tricks to achieve the same result without going without Adobe products. 

Clearly, you are not getting the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines