• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sort out a problem where Adobe claim activations are reached?

Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a system that had been running Adobe 5.5 for a year or two and now it is getting a pop-up claiming that the activations for that serial number are reached. I upgraded to a Core i7 pocessor and increased memory from 8GB to 32GB, but the hard drive and all software have not been changed. It is the same computer, so I can't do as Adobe suggests and de-activate and re-activate the software. I can find nowhere to contact Adobe that actually works. Their listed phone number just plays on-hold music for several hours - I have never actually reached a support person.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DarkScribe,

I have tried to alert staff about your plight. Hopefully, someone will soon make the right connexion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't get contacted by Adobe staff within a reasonable time then try these steps:

1)  Open CS 5.5 from the Start menu on the computer, located in the lower-left corner of the screen.

2) Locate the retail copy's serial number from within the software's packaging.

3) Enter the new serial number into CS 5.55 when prompted. Press Ok to validate the copy.

4) Click on the date and time in the lower-right corner of the screen. Select the Change Date and Time Settings option, and set the date to January 1, 2007. Press Ok to save the change.

5) Open CS5 from the Start menu located in the lower-right corner of the screen. With the application open, click the Help tab at the top of the screen, and click the Deactivate button. Click Delete Permanently to erase the serial number.

6) Exit the application, and change the system's date back to the current day. Open the application again, and enter the new serial number when the prompt to do so appears on-screen.

These steps will allow you to deactivate your product before re-activating it after you have changed back the systems date to current one.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I strongly suggest that you contact Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), as they can quickly handle Activation issues. Normally, this has gone very quickly, and smoothly for others.

Now that they have added Live Chat, that might be the starting point, but if that does not work, then just place a telephone call to the Customer Support number for your country.

Should be a simple fix.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DarkScribe,

I'm afraid you're going to have to listen to the music a little bit longer.  Bummer, I know; but no one else can help you but Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support).

The bad news is that there's a limit of activations even when all are performed on the same machine.  Only Adobe Customer Service can fix that.  The good news is that the'yre usually able to re-set your activations—once they finally pick up the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've sent you a private message. Let's continue to troubleshoot there.

Thanks,

Madison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Blogger29 Email sent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines