• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many Times a Day do I Have to Sign In?

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Title says it all. Of what use is the remember Me check box if it utter ignores the fact I have signed in already today 1/2 doz times or more?

What is the matter with Forum Operations? Are you trying to drive away users?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 142 Replies 142
Mentor ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you. I use to have no issues signing in. Up until this problem happened I had had to sign in at least a year or two. Not now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't turn my computer off. It goes to sleep. I woke it this morning clicked PS forum. It took me to the sign-in. It sat there for several seconds and I was just going to sign in again but suddenly it switched to the forum.

So, maybe there is a time delay that varies over a considerable period, and has a time out feature, after waiting so many seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today I had to do the full sign -in.

WTF!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome,

Phases of the Moon, perhaps?

For an instant, I thought that I would need to do that today, but before I could click on the ID box, the Sign-In took place (on good days, I never see those boxes). Things were just a tad slow.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today every single time I leave the forums, I have to reclick the sign-in box to get back. The first time I had to fill it out.

Every single d*%m time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how the servers are set up but have heard terms like "different nodes".  Since mine works perfectly now with no sign in required I wonder if it is some regional thing.  Perhaps some servers are not "with the program". 

I wonder if it would do any good to poll users to see which areas work as advertised, and which areas do not.  Only someone in Admin. could say if this would be of any help.  For the record I am in the Seattle area.  It may be no coincidence that there is an Adobe Systems outpost there also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Portland, so I would imagine that we are in the same network of servers. Maybe not.

For the record, my sign in here (first post of the day) was only to click the sign-in button. No filling out the PW stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Santiago, Chile. Optical fibre connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so you are in Santiago Chile. And close to Valparaiso. I went to tech school in Valparaiso Indiana. I've often wondered what the Chile Valparaiso was like, so I looked it up on Google Earth.

I would love to visit it someday. The name, Valparaiso, is both beautiful to say and to see in print, a rare combination.

Wiki says that Valparaiso Chile was named after Valparaiso de Arriba , Spain. So I looked there as well.

Maybe some day I'll visit all the Valparaisos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pity that you don't speak Spanish. This is an interesting site about Valparaíso, Chile:

http://www.ciudaddevalparaiso.cl/inicio/index.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Claudio.

The site does have English as well.

There are so many languages! I am 1/2 Slovak,1/2 Polish. I learned some Czech/Slovak, very little Polish.

When I am at Intel, I hear a multitude of tongues from all over the world. Which one (or ones, if I were that good) would I pick? Even in Spain, there are dialects like Catalonian, whose music to which I am particularly attracted, playing Granados and Albeniz at the piano.

So I guess I'll maintain English and do my best in other languages.

Thanks again for the Valparaiso site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kudos for pointing out the Catalonian roots of both Grandos and Albéniz, Harry. 

One minor point, though.  Catalonian is not a dialect but a full-fledged, distinct LANGUAGE.

The major, distinct LANGUAGES spoken in Spain are:

• Castilian: what most folks refer to when they say "Spanish";

• Catalonian: spoken in Cataluña (Catalonia) which was annexed to Spain  by virtue of historical royal marriages;

• Gallego or Galego (Galician) spoken in Galicia;

• Bable: spoken in Asturias.

Hudechrome wrote:

…There are so many languages! …

Over seven thousand (7,000) of them: http://www.ethnologue.com/

The three most widely spoken: 1- Mandarin; 2-Spanish; 3-English, (Hindi is now number 4). Note that Spanish surpasses English even counting non-native speakers.

http://www.ethnologue.com/statistics/size

Because of demographics, the percentage of English speakers (native and non-native) continues to decline steadily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the correction, Ramon. I wasn't sure when I typed it so I went with dialect.

Cudda looked it up.

One minor correction. It's Larry, not Harry.  But you knew that, right?

Good to hear from you. I've been rather occupied and not doing too much responding here.

We had conversation about Granados these forums years ago. Albeniz was my second Spanish foray and to my surprise, also Catalonian. Couple that up with Gaudi in architecture, I was hooked!

Albeniz is much more difficult with his alternating meters in Iberia. A couple of works from Op 47 is playable with my skills, notably Leyendas and Granada, which is a most delightful composition, falling under the hand as graceful as the music itself. There are a few others as well but those two come to mind.

Anyway, OT big time!

I did have to sign in today but just a single click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens that way for me too, but for only a couple of days, and then BAM! I have to fill in the two boxes, ID and PW - then back to one-click for a few more days.

Have not found a reason for the full sign-in cropping up?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

It happens that way for me too, but for only a couple of days, and then BAM! I have to fill in the two boxes, ID and PW - then back to one-click for a few more days.

Have not found a reason for the full sign-in cropping up?

Good luck,

Hunt

Nope. I haven't the foggiest where to look. Maybe our AV's have taken over.

Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also no reason for the login everytime issue. I frequent several non-Adobe forums, and they are not affected by this BUG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One forum I frequent does have a re-log in which occurs every couple of weeks or so, or if you delete cookies. It requires name and PW. Cookie deletion affects most of the blogs I read. Maybe there is a mechanism here that needs cookie refresh, like a parity check doesn't match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the senior moment, Larry. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! I have those as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On restarting my Mac today, I had to go through the whole process, including entering my ID and password. This hadn't occurred for several days. Firefox 26.0/ Mac 10.6.8, Santiago, Chile, optical cable connection. In Win7 (IE and Chrome), however, I only had to click on the Sign In button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FireFox/SeaMonkey on Mac and only (for now) having to sign in (just click on sign takes me to forum). But have to re-sign in  even if I just go to other post not associated with adobe forums.  A few days ago as long as I didn't shut down SeaMonkey (or FireFox) stay signed in. AFew weeks ago for 1 or two days It returned to old method , where it persisted even from computer shutdown and opend the next day.  Next thing I look for to happen is having to sign in for each message (has happened in the past) or becoming signed in middle of writing an answer (that has happened in the past as well. Oh BTW when a a new action happens I always delete the cookies so to verify don't have a cookie problem.

I wish Microsoftw would take over adobe and switch to there system. They hardly ever have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 2 weeks of not have to sign in at all,  I am now back to signing in each time my broswer closes.  Bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some times today I had to re-sign in every time I went on to another email or forum not adobe. And then went back. Didn't have to quit SeaMonkey or FireFox, just go to anything  read or answer a couple items go back. Bam have to resign in.

I wish whomever is in charge of the sign in server would get their ducks in a Row. Or fire them. OR the servers in question be replaced with new equipment. And the old equipment be chopped up with an axe. So no one can ever use it again.

Odds are they are probably still using equipment bought when XP was brand new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

Today every single time I leave the forums, I have to reclick the sign-in box to get back. The first time I had to fill it out.

Every single d*%m time!

Same here. In Virgina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I had to agree to the terms this time.

I might add that I have been getting the same message about agreeing with the terms when opening Photoshop (but not Bridge) in a random fashion. If I ignore it I still can run PS.

Similar occurances signing into The Cloud except I have to click the agreement to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines