Known Issues in new skins

Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues reported in the forums that are being worked on:

1. Not showing count of user messages next to their names in a thread
  2. No "in response to" or item numbers/links in messages in a thread
  3. Status levels are not displaying an image (meatballs, sausages, red bars) or status level name, just saying Community Member
  4. Your Stuff lit link causes user bar items to wrap to a second line
  5. No "show most recent post" link at the top of each thread.(It ssays Latest Reply now)
  6. No "reply to original message" Link
  7. No "go to original post" link at the bottom of the page
  8. No link to last post at the top of the page (same as #5)
  9. Avatars in replies are resampled down and look fuzzy
  10. Concerns about the display font (1 vs l, etc.). Jive's editor uses a different font than the actual message posts.
  11. No navigation links at top of page for threads with multiple pages. If you click into a message that has 2 or 3 (or 100) pages of responses there is no indication that you've been plopped down in the middle of the conversation. This is compounded because the initial message is not differentiated (See #18) and all pages in the thread look alike.
  12. New/Updated threads in a list not as discoverable (still say Updated, though)
  13. Inconsistent placement of the Reply button in different locations between question and non-question threads (Was this Helpful link in the question threads in first position, Reply in first position in non-question threads). Was this helpful slow to load, so buttons move around as you try to click on them.
  14. Advanced Editor not available when replying to posts
  15. Code in messages (via Advanced editor) is very large:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999038
  16. Replies posted by the person who created the thread are no longer highlighted in the thread.
  17. Initial message not styled different from replies. And all replies run together in the seamless gray background (related to #16)
  18. Adobe Employee status doesn't need to be bright orange. But should still be obvious.
  19. Your own posts are no longer styled different from other posts in a thread
  20. Keywords difficult to see (white on gray on gray)
  21. Too much wasted vertical white space on Discussions page (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4383393#4383393)
  22. User Names wrapping under Avatars
  23. The MORE link on the thread list on the Overview page takes you to the Disussions page which makes all the breadcrumb links point to Discussions. It isn't clear how to get back to the Overview page from there (click on the large forum name that doesn't look like a link).
  24. Trademark, Copyright, Registered Trademark symbols unreadable on main forum page
  25. Going back to the list of discussions takes you back to the latest in the list instead of taking you back where you were when you clicked to go into a discussion.
  26. Title of thread not displayed when thread grows to more than one page of messages
  27. If you reply to a message in the middle of a long multipage thread your are taken to the end of the thread instead of staying on the page you were on when replying and it is difficult to go back and pick up again where you were when you posted the reply.

PLEASE NOTE: You may need to clear your browser cache to see some of the updates/fixes as they are released in the forum.

The Forums team is planning reqular releases with new enhancements and fixes soon.  Please report additional items and check back soon for updates on release timing and status.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 245 Replies 245
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1000187 - I cannot read any of this:

fptopic.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 No "in response to" or item numbers/links in messages in a thread

That should be no. 1 on the list of fixing issues.
Not being able to bookmark a specific answer?

That's absolutely frustrating!

Just checked if old bookmarks are working. Fortunately they do. But you cannot bookmark new individual answers to a forum question. Ugh!

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I found some kind of remedy for issue #2, specifically the thing, that I cannot bookmark a specific answer in my browser.

Just looked in the source code of the specific answer and could detect a message number.

For example:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4393262#4393262

Source:

Message4393262sourceCode.png

that leads to:

Message4393262.png

So it's all there. Please re-implement the message title, so we could bookmark it without looking to the source code of the thread or message!

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Issue SiliconePixel (and verified by my self) has following issue I believe it’s a bug with new system.

Go to MyStuff > Preferences. Attempt to change time zone or to change email notifications.  Responses when pressing Okay/Save, a red bar with error message and the changes not made. In Fact just click okay or Save causes the error message.

Before the changes there was no error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Phillip. We'll have it checked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also hover your mouse over the Report link and get the message number. But both of  those are royal pains. We should have an update for forums before the end of May that will include the individual number links and in response to stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

When I hover the mouse over the Report link it just shows the hand, nothing else.

Hovering over the poster shows information, and hovering over Reply shows Reply to this message.

I cleared the cache and Reloaded, still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some browsers show the URL in the status area when you hover over links.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as Noel noted, it usually appears in the status area...

report.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I was referring to this, in your post #100:

You can also hover your mouse over the Report link and get the message number.

I should like to see the message number, in whichever way possible. It is a bit easier than counting (forwards or backwards).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mouse didn't show in my screen shot, but putting the mouse over the word "Report" on the right side of the message brings up the status line highlighted. You can use that in a link, such as...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4395320#4395320

That said, the numbers/links are coming back soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to it, John.

You must be rather busy with all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel,

Thank you for that tid-bit.

As I am usually reading a thread/reply up a bit on my screen, I had not noticed that info.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hover the mouse over the Report link it just shows the hand, nothing else.

Jacob,

It is the same for me too. At least the "hand" has the index finger raised, and not another one...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I run Chrome on Win 7 x64 and have problems to see posts when I change the page zoom (Alt + mousewheel).

Sample images with this thread

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4385315#4385315

1. Small zoom, font is very tiny and hard to read but threads are displayed correctly

Adobe_Forums_1.png

2. Normal zoom, font is better readable but the post jumps to the right and isn'T comfortable to read

Adobe_Forums_2.png

3. Large zoom, the font is perfect readable but you don't see some posts anymore

Adobe_Forums_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One waste of space is the Modify Date next to the Last Post in the thread lists.

I can no longer remember whether it was an old waste of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, when you edit your first post in this thread as things are resolved, can you strikethrough the fixed items rather than deleting them [or leave the number present but blank if it was deleted for sensitivity reasons]? (I just noticed that an isssue I had elsewhere noted as #22 on your list has moved up to #21, presumably because something got deleted and all the numbers shifted).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like someone else is also editing it, as I didn't add #24. I don't remember if I edited out any items, but I might have combined duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely an issue with access to the Advanced Editor. I saw the option for myself on Sunday, but don't see it now. So still researching it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one visits a post with no answers, and does not comment it, puts an Updated at the end, although the question stays in bold mode.

Don't remember it doing this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe-Admin

It only shows up if your editing a reply.

doesn'r show up creating a Post, doesn't show up creating a Reply. Only shows up editing a Reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. See the screen shot in this thread where I had the option on Sunday. I was replying, not editing…

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4382624#4382624

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right side of private messages is truncated if they are not typed with carriage-returns (Jive is not wrapping them as it should):

Screen Shot 2012-05-08 at 13.07.36 .png

Wood panelling indicates redaction. I left the last word on the line there so you could see it get cut.

Of course reducing the font size is a workaround (but so is Firebug...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to duplicate the private message wrap, but sending it along to have it checked out...

pm3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I can't easily reproduce it either. But I just forwarded you the PM in question and curiously I see the problem in the outbox. So maybe there's something special about that particular message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines