• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Report Spam or inappropriate content here

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use this thread to report spam messages and other inappropriate content that needs immediate attention.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 139 Replies 139
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be there now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good, thank you! I'm not wild about filing out my own but I have, because it's only fair, I want to know a bit about other people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Products / System Information:"

cool beans!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blatant spam here, and no Neil to clean it up.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1942922?tstart=0#1942922

Last message in the thread now, and it is a slow section, so probably still will be last or second last when someone gets to it.

I'd search for other messages from that user, if it is possible in the new software, as he resurrected an old thread with almost no relevance to his product. Usually that happens in multiples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it for you, Don.

Btw, the post count is in the left column, and only indicated one post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

StoneGraphicDesign wrote:

Let me know how that comes out.  I guess I just firgured one of the big reasons to help someone in a forum (other than just to be helpful) was that it allowed people to find you.  And since there was no place I could see in my profile to include a link, I included one in my signature.  I didn't mean to cause trouble or require calling a meeting, but thanks for checking all this out.

Don't worry, since we moved to this new forum there is a conflict of opinions as to what constitutes spam.

In the previous PS Win forum it was considered that any advertising of goods or services should be excluded.

At least your posts are helpful – some of the real spammers don't contribute anything.

so true. also in the old forums, we could post something like that in the profile area so as not to be 'advertising' every post we made, but anyone with some interest in us could easily find it by clickng our names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thread with a repeating post every hour:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1944007#1944007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it locked. Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spam in signature:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1947109#1947109

http://forums.adobe.com/people/Phil%20Pool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like blatant spam with no other purpose to me:

http://forums.adobe.com/people/pjmckeown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramon,

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Looks like blatant spam with no other purpose to me:

http://forums.adobe.com/people/pjmckeown

Where's the spam there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Where's the spam there?

In each of his posts.

We have been asked by the forum administrator to provide a link to the profile of the offender rather than to each of the offending posts.  That way they can get all the spam in one fell swoop.

Just  think before you post stuff like this, jhabrix.  It'll come to you and you'll save some bandwidth.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

In each of his posts.

We have been asked by the forum administrator to provide a link to the profile of the offender rather than to each of the offending posts.  That way they can get all the spam in one fell swoop.

Aah... i see... but went to his profile and followed his posts... didn't see any really objectionable spam...  he's offering to edit pics and post the results as well as how he did it... could be useful for beginners and some others... <shrug>

Just  think before you post stuff like this, jhabrix.  It'll come to you and you'll save some bandwidth.  

???? Post stuff like what mon? I don't spam! I's cool I only post stuff about Jive ACE forums!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

???? Post stuff like what mon?

Like what I quoted from your post when I commented on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

Like what I quoted from your post when I commented on it. 

Ramon... you've gone totally over my head now... i'm drowning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jhabrix wrote:

Aah... i see... but went to his profile and followed his posts... didn't see any really objectionable spam...  he's offering to edit pics and post the results as well as how he did it... could be useful for beginners and some others... <shrug>

That is spam.  Self promotion has not been tolerated in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

That is spam.  Self promotion has not been tolerated in the forums.

Aah... that i know... but it's far less than a lot of contributors here who put the names of books they've written as well as (in many cases,commercial,) websites they host / own right in their signatures. These are downright commercial propositions. That poor guy was offering a service with no hint (overt) of charge. No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is still self promotion as it links to his commercial/professional site.  Not kosher.  It has never been allowed before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let the powers that be deal with spam report as they see fit.  That's what I always do and never look back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a place in your profile for a URL.  That's where it belongs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

OK.. to all three posts above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

There is a place in your profile for a URL.  That's where it belongs.

I was about to point that out too but, interestingly, before the reply box could complete it's slow-jive rendering, the damned software crashed Firefox – the first time it ever happened in my experience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL in this post is for a site selling illegal software.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1950435#1950435

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2009 May 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spammy sig

http://forums.adobe.com/people/heart%20attack%20risk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431091?tstart=0

Google translated from the Adobe Products / System Information of the poster's profile:

Looking for free sex dating via the internet in Moscow without registration SMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines