• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"liking" posts, how does that work?

Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will find another user's post helpful and not having started the discussion, the only information I have is that it counts as a "point to the next level" although I do not see it added to my points.

Can someone please explain this system to me or link me to the relevant information?

Thanks,

Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

The "Like" feature is not directly connected to the points engine. It was designed to show recognition of content that for whatever reason cannot be chosen as Correct or Helpful, but in our case it doesn't serve any other purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene,

Here is a short non explanation: The new forum software, which came this year, is actually made for corporal use, not open forums, so there is a lot without any real function. Other things with a function, such as Helpful Answers (you could give at least three in a thread) are gone (for the OP).

The consensus so far seems to be that whenever you get that point, you will find that going to the next level means passing over to the other side, so you may wish to postpone your getting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Like" feature is not directly connected to the points engine. It was designed to show recognition of content that for whatever reason cannot be chosen as Correct or Helpful, but in our case it doesn't serve any other purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers, I can't see a "Helpful" button. Am I not looking in the right place?

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7 wrote:

Thanks for your answers, I can't see a "Helpful" button. Am I not looking in the right place?

Gene

There is no helpful button either.  Only the Adobe staff and "certain" moderators can mark your posting as helpful.  I said "certain" because I know nobody who can do this in DW or PSE forums except the Adobe staff who are diligently going through all the days posts and marking them as necessary.

You can mark the answer as "Correct" but that is all you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All admins/moderators can mark a reply as helpful, but many of the volunteer mods only deal with their specific areas of expertise. It takes time to read every reply and decide if it's helpful enough to get a tag, and to be blunt it's entirely down to how easily-impressed a particular moderator is.

I know all this is more of a hassle than it should be, but Jive was designed for corporate deployment where assigning status would only be done by line managers or designated staff. Adobe have turned off a lot of the default tools for privacy and security reasons, though it's not completely granular - there are still some ghosts lying around, such as mentions of "Is Official" and "Has Decisions" in the Filter By Action menu, and unfortunately the Helpful button vanished as a side effect of restricting something else. It should be available to the owner of the question, but I'm doubtful it will return anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok then, now I have a better idea of this Jive software, the restrictions placed on it and what moderators can or cannot do. The "Like" button is basically a show of appreciation for others' answers and does not add to the point count shown in the Profile.

Thanks everyone for getting me up to speed.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene,

Maybe the Helpful will be back for the OP, it is being worked on, but it will almost certainly be hidden away under Actions (like Edit and Cancel) as it is for those that may moderate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines