• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This new design sucks.

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going elsewhere for my Adobe support.  This is the worst design, ever, for a forum.

You can find me at SitePoint forums.

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your resistance to change is showing. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change, I don't mind.

Losing all of my messages, being forced to completely re-learn navigation that doesn't even slightly resemble the old navigation, and not finding the "Mark All Read" link, I mind.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS.. I'll be at SitePoint and CFJedi.  Hopefully, more traffic will follow.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this design is horrible.  What really makes it painful is that the hard fought battles to get critical information included back into the past "enhancements" has been totally ignored.  It is like starting over again.

I may also drop out as this design is just too hard to work with and it can take months or years to get Adobe to make the changes based on past experience.

1.  No way to mark helpful or correct

2.  Can not see who  responded last

3.  Does not list number of responses

4.  Huge amount of wasted space on page

5.  Can not jump to last comment - how long did it take to get that included last time?

6.  No breadcrumbs at bottom of page - how long did it take to get that included last time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention that this is just another Facebook with "likes" (as opposed to Curt's #1 in his list, which was actually VERY helpful.)

I deleted all of my (anti-)social media accounts and have never felt better; no more black-hole-of-time; no more dropped jaw due to the piddly things that piss people off.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade, maybe you can start a new site, AdobeSupportSucks?

Only here for 3 weeks trying to solve one crucial, vexing problem. Now suddenly I can't even find my own posts or the threads I was in!   

I don't see a single good thing about this.

There were obvious improvements that could/should have been made to make this site more useful, according to the type of problem you have. That would require a little thought & IQ. We get a fashion statement instead.

Or maybe Adobe wants to pretend it has no product problems whatever. All your dumb questions will be answered here quickly & easily!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, believe me.. I've considered it!  But, I don't have the time or the energy or the money to build one and keep it spam free. 

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, I know Adobe is huge and they have lots of resources. But it's worth noting that Adobe likely has very little control over the forums design and behavior. I believe they are subscribing to a service from Jive.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Folks, I know Adobe is huge and they have lots of resources. But it's worth noting that Adobe likely has very little control over the forums design and behavior. I believe they are subscribing to a service from Jive.

Cheers... Rick

I think that is unlikely, but if actual, then responding to this Adobe Forum can't even help us fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

Cheers... Rick

If this the case then why is McAfee's forum better and they too are using Jive?  Why is Sky.com's forum better and they too are using Jive?  Why is BT's forum better and they too are using Jive?

Sky's forum is owered by Lithium but once you are in, everything is Jive?  Has Jive got any connection with Lithium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mytaxsite,

I find it strange that these other websites are better if they're using the same software (I don't use them so I have no way to test). What features do they have that this site does not? Please be specific. Perhaps, the companies have invested in customization that they've paid for and can be added here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mytaxsite.co.uk wrote:

Sky's forum is owered by Lithium but once you are in, everything is Jive?  Has Jive got any connection with Lithium?

Jive Software and Lithium Technologies Inc. are completely separate companies with directly-competing products. The platforms look the same, just as Firefox and Chrome now do. Product A comes out with a feature and the engineers for product B  think "hmm.... waddya know..."

Background on the two companies : CRM Watchlist 2014 Winners: We are Family! Jive, Lithium, Community and Me | ZDNet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are competitors and Jive STILL manages to sell their software?  Things must be tough all over.

We need to get together and work up a petition to send to all the institutions of learning to ask that they actually at least mention the word "quality" at some time during their classes.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm often critical of Adobe, but I've got to say abandoning ship seems a bit extreme to me.

Fo' sho', it ain't like befo' (I guess I DO speak jive).

Plenty of people complained about how bad it was before.  Now people claim it shouldn't have been changed.  Maybe it'll just take some getting used to?  I don't know about you, but I'm communicating here.  May I suggest giving it a good honest try for, say, a week before complaining.  Maybe there are some nice features you just ain't foun' yet.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the time to completely re-learn this new format.  When I go online seeking support, I expect a site to be easy to navigate and intuitive.  This new design is neither easy to navigate, nor is it intuitive.

I am looking around for other forums that can provide CF support.  I'm trying to get a CF sub going on SitePoint (if others, here, ask for it, they will be more inclined to do it).  I'm considering DreamInCode.  If anyone else has suggestions, please let me know.

(Please don't suggest StackOverflow... that's more of a popularity contest than a support forum.)

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I can't even find the posts I answered to follow up. I had to search to find the way for getting back on seeing all postings so I could answer questions. Message is also very confusing. Why this 'Follow' system? Really? Do we need this to be a sub FB imitation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for the other Adobe forums, but the know-nothings at Adobe Technical Support were sending people with problems to the Lightroom U2U forum. The new forum design is going to drive the knowledgeable people away, leaving the folks with problems unhelped. That can't be good for business.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found where to find the posts I contributed to. It is in the profile and 'activity'. I guess that makes sense. Was just not very visible.

I guess we will get used to it but it will take a while. Let's hope no one gives up Hal! I do not want to. Helping others is what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like anything new...  We resist change because by golly we invested our precious time and effort into getting used to things the "old way", and now along comes a big shuffle without seemingly obvious advantages.  Now we have to invest some new time and effort.  That's the way of things in the world.  Nothing is certain but change.  Adapting to the transitions actually keeps our minds flexible, healthy, and young - so don't be too too critical.  Adobe/Jive are doing us a favor.  Think of it as the Adobe version of Lumosity.com. 

It's a workable implementation, if a bit buggy.  We're communicating.  Is every part of it better or as convenient as before?  Perhaps not, but no one can say it's not RICH with different ways of doing things.  You'll find a groove.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very funny Noel, but you may be right. I need brain exercise. Between the mall and my home yesterday, I forgot we had decided to go out to eat and stood up my very lovely husband after we left the mall in separate cars. Big clue I need help! I am so ashamed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Bad design and bad UI.

Anyone try any alternatives to FormsCentral, yet?  If so, which ones are working out the best for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines