• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Just Got Smaller Yet!

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, many of us have complained about the font size on the Main Forum pages, and also how the Bold does not differentiate, as well, as it could, with New, or (Updated) Threads. Well, after a morning (June 03, 2012) in the Premiere Forums, I ventured to the Encore Forum, and noticed that the type in the Main Page had gotten smaller yet! I have a zoom-level about 2 steps up in Chrome, and have had it set that way, for a few weeks, since the new skins hit. The old Bold for New & (Updated) Threads is now gone. They were still in place in the Premiere Forums.

Here is an example:

Encore_Forum_Main_Page.png

When I came here (Forum Comments) to post, I noticed the exact same thing here!

Maybe too many of us complained about the tiny type, and someone decided to punish us, to show how "good we had it?"

What's up, and why only in some Adobe Forums?

Hunt

[Edit] It also looks like my Forum editor is adding a Bold, or faux-bold, when none has been called for. Things get curiouser and curiouser.

[Edit 2] Just went back to the Premiere Fourms, and guess what? The type has gotten major tiny there too! Hope that this is not some odd case of OE, but it seems that on Sunday, June 03, 2012, at about 9:30 - 10:00AM PDT, something changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today's forum appearance brought to you by the letters S, N, A, F, and U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad an Employee acknowledged the existence of the letters S, N, A, F, U

That's progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, (not sure if we might have lost, In Response To: along the way?]

LOL!

I sort of got that, as it appears, at least in the Premiere Forums, the old type is back, and so is bold.

During the time, between my initial posts and [Edits], I got the "Maintenance" screen, so felt that something was afoot.

Yeah, I think that it was just a little show, to make us all long for the only tiny type, but with Bold, after seeing how small (and serif, no less) it COULD get. OK, it worked. I am just glad to get the tiny type and Bold back - I do see that it can get REALLY tiny. It's like having a toothache, and then smashing your thumb with a hammer. Suddenly, that toothache wasn't so bad, after all.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!  At 10AM Pacific time I logging into the Bridge  and Adobe Forums (or as Bill would say Fora) and everything was the microtype of yesterday.

Then a 11 AM I refreshed the sites and then the font was MUCH SMALLER?  It is not down to nanotype.  Even the panel on the right has the smaller type.

I still have 30 items per page, so WHAT  GIVES??

Have to agree with Bill that Adobe is punishing us for complaining of the micro type and gave us nano type.  It is blue type on white however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

During the recent "situation," I broke out the "white flag of surrender," and promised to not complain any more. The admonition, "Cheer up - things could be worse... " took on new meaning for me - things DID get worse - much worse.

As for "fora," I grew tired of furnishing links to various dictionaries, and just bit the bullet.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monday morning, 10:45 JST - everything, every forum I visit, looks normal to me.  Not small, not bigger...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's because it was fixed on Sunday.

Goldilocks o' Jive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now this is strange. I have seen nothing of the kind.

I have just used the forums without changing the size, and I thought the type was larger today (as far as I remember how it was yesterday).

There is some messiness, as I have mentioned in the Skin thread, but all in all I see it as an improvement, especially the nice lack of funny colours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

I think that it all depended on timing. Earlier, things were just as they have been, for a few weeks, and then... well things went badly downhill. Now, about 1:45PM PDT, it appears that the odd behavior is over, at least for now.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that it all depended on timing.

Indeed, Bill. I see that we have the grey in grey again after the latest downdate. I only just had time to thank John.

Argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines