• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are you thinking Adobe? This forum is a wreck.

LEGEND ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You produce tools to help novices make great websites, yet you absolutely unequivocally destroyed your sites usability.

A few examples?

Getting into an actual forum using the whole 'discussions concept' which deviates from the vast majority of forums was never a good idea. Now I can't even find my own way into certain forums unless I already have a post there and can click into it and back out. But, I can't always back out to the discussions.

Is this a joke? The text collides? Navigation hindering?

Can you tell me why the text "Discussions" isn't clickable? It was previously. Moreover can you tell me what person is responsible for allowing the text to run into other text? This is seriously novice. I realize I can hit Mobile Development but then I'm required to click the tiny blue Next > link at the bottom to actually get to the discussions? Why can't I just click Discussions as before to return?

Next, what were you thinking with space with this abomination of text size and utter terrible planning. Note this is at 100% text size, not zoomed.

http://www.filehorde.com/o/areyouserious2.jpg

Can you explain why you're using a font so horrifically large while wasting most of the space you could have used IF you wanted to use this huge text by condensing the useless grid on the right?

Your footer doesn't even try to stay within the area it should. If you're a designer, would you ever put that drab blue on top of a dark gray and call it accessible?

I can give about another hundred or more examples of what are you thinking but I'd love to hear it from Adobe about uh, who designed your site? Please try to use your own products. They are very good. This forum is obfuscated and barely usable. Seriously question the designers and developers who made it. The old forum was bad enough with, again, the discussions format. This? This... I have no words..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sinious wrote:

Nightmare or not, it should still be in beta land on some enclosed server.

Apparently the right people aren't listening.  That's not sustainable.

So here's this silly company that puts out at best mediocre web software and a giant corporation like Adobe using them to run a huge forum site.

Instead of Adobe blocking releases (and maybe even blocking payment for services) until quality is achieved, instead we have the web development company going public along with complete junkware making it to the public on Adobe.com.

I'm not saying we should run for cover just yet, but the phrase "dot com boom" comes to mind.  Emphasis on the "boom" at the end.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, when facebook hit an estimated $100,000,000,000 worth index in 2012, you know the internet is bubbling. Get ready for the collapse. The site, while amusing, should not have that valuation. No sane Wall Street exec would actually give it that potential worth unless we're at the top of the bubble.

For the same reasons I use Adobe products, which is I don't want to invent my own Photoshop, I can understand why they're using someone elses forum software. I'm a bit suprised they haven't rolled their own out. The integration of a custom solution would be so perfect. The forum itself isn't terribly complex for a company like Adobe. I can only assume there's either insiders who're friendly with Jive, they're getting special integration help or there's a perk. For a brand monster, I'd hate to have to say "This site uses [someone elses] forum software version 1.2.3.4". That feels a little unpro and certainly opens the door for potential exploits.

edit:

Woohoo! I see some updates happening. The forums list is no longer using size 52 fonts (kidding)! Starting to get better Adobe.. keep it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying we should run for cover just yet, but the phrase "dot com boom" comes to mind.  Emphasis on the "boom" at the end.

Noel,

Can anyone say "pets.com?"

I believe that so many want something good to happen (anything good), that they have their blinders firmly in place, and will ride any wave, hoping and praying.

I have also wondered how/why Jive? But am not in the loop to know.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take heart, Jive software has fallen 36% since its April high of $28. 

But that still puts it with a market cap of 1.2 BILLION! 

And we thought it was just some jive software company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thus proving even exuberantly ignorant people can't be fooled forever.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not gaining any support by the looks of this post or forum for that matter. At least it's starting to look a pinch better as they battle those stylesheets into place.

I'm hoping the security is what drew them to Jive. I can't see any reason I'd ever use this forum for anything I do rather than a more traditional forum. Heck I'd use IP Board before this thing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're seeing it change sinious?  Can't say I'm noticing any improvements myself.

I'm still seeing basic problems that actually COULD be solved with style sheet changes, such as italicized text running into the word following.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first picture I posted of the gigantic sized text is smaller for me now. The text fits and looks normal. Also another picture I posted of Mobile Development covering the "New" link has been fixed as well. It's progress!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear.  Not really seeing or sensing any improvements at all was starting to depress me.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is almost as if we encounter different versions of the forum software.

I have neither the fun of the italics issue nor the joy of the size issue, but at least I have the thrill of the squish issue, never knowing when it will go down to 1 letter and whether it will be possible to see the clarifying image at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sinious wrote:

Point being, who deploys before they're ready? At least use basic best practices.

Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>Who deploys before they're ready?

Yeah, no kidding. This new layout is beyond terrible. Someone needs to read a css book too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh, it appears I was wrong about the huge text. I use a 30" screen at 2560x1600 so I had the browser window open a lot larger than I used to as I was testing something that scaled with the window. If you open the forum pretty wide (about 1500px+ wide) the text looks ok.. At home my monitor is just a standard 1920x1200 and I keep windows much more narrow.. The large fonts returned ><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 4 bookmarks for places I would frequently come to when I had a question about my Adobe products.

Now they are all gone.

They go somwhere else.

Somewhere strange.

All the forums' help refer to Version CS6 of every product.  This is utterly useless.

I come to the User Forums in desperation; I know how to use a manual; I know how to use the Web; what I do not know how to use anymore is this ridiculous redesign (probably the same person or group that redesigned all the awful CS6 packaging that resembles rejects from the Twilight Series).

Sorry for the rant, but this time Adobe you truly have a MESS on your hands.  I was looking for the PDF Help for InDesign CS 5.5 (since you won't publish a hardcopy anymore).  Gone.  Link goes to nowhere.... excuse me, it goes to CS6.  Big help.

I guess you can say I won't be upgrading to any of your software anymore.  Your upgrade prices and just plain Bad Sense of Web Design has broken this graphic designer's back (and wallet).  Congratulations on your new expensive building in Lehi, Utah.  I hope the people you hire have a better sense of web design than your current employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it time.. It's easy to cut them up. They've already said they know there's issues. They'll be worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when you're facing a deadline, and you're looking for the PDF link that USED to work, what to do?  How much slack do you give a company that has a near-monopoly of graphic artists/designers' livelihood?

Sorry, but this FAIL does not deserve a pass.  Adobe should have thought this out before they launched their CS6 and the cash-cow Creative Cloud. It's not as though every CS5/CS5.5 user has automatically upgraded to CS6, but apparently Adobe, in their infinite wisdom, has thought otherwise.

They are becoming as arrogant as Apple.  Upgrade.... or else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stick around the Flash forums and I don't know how the other products are doing but Flash CS6 is extremely buggy so far. I don't think people are jumping on the bandwagon quite so quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines