Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what's going on now?!!

Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

id & password issue. just had to do a link with the store & coldfusion id, and now i'm not sure what's going on. but i just got in here... AHH!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 155 Replies 155
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You find out everyone does not like things the MM way so you go away for 6 mo or so, come back and try the same thing a different way but it is still the same thing....MM forums. The people who frequent the Adobe forums and have for a very long time do not want that. Hello....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<sigh> ya. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will use the other model. Look at the Labs forums. It is the new way. You must not resist. AAAAGHHHHHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2009 Feb 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh We are part of the Borg collective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=669&entercat=y

Yuk!

A lot of people will just cease to contribute to the Forums if you adopt that route.

The use of that turgid format is probably exactly why the Lab and Macromedia Forums are seeing such reduced participation.

:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Like this:

If that is what they are doing (which is what I suspected which is why I have not merged yet) then it is crap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you come up with this stuff? The Labs forums are on the FuseTalk system (always have been) and look the same as any other FuseTalk forum (Dreamweaver, Flex, etc.). Those are going away along with the forums we're on now. Both are moving to a completely new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Both are moving to a completely new system.

I hope it is a good one because the MM forums really stink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the reason I made the joking comment its like the Dreamweaver set 1 and 100,000 user would walk into the area where this redesign was created with some Billy Clubs ...... :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Maybe a post of what the look might be would either stop a lot of the chatter, or get you early feedback from folks before another fiasco like the last one. Folks are running scared due to the change history and are just projecting what they think might be coming, particularly based on some of the comments going around. Giving a preview of the look (or look options) might resolve some of the issues. There is a lot to be said of Fear of the Unknown. In this case we know it is coming, the fear is in not knowing what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are too many threads for some people to keep up with. This information has already been provided by John C.

Examples of other forums using the software and a promise to see the proposed adaptation for the Adobe forums before the switch-over in April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 20, 2009 Feb 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd noticed there didn't seem to be any complaints in other Adobe forums I use, so I was thinking the problems only affect very few. But maybe most people just growl a bit to themselves and get on with their business.

But ...

Jeep Irvine, "Can't Connect to Server" #16, 19 Feb 2009 6:25 am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone want to send him over here?

Good idea on the screen shot. I should be able to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a screen shot of where things are at. Subject to change. But should give an idea of the look.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try that again. Trying to attach a screen shot of where things are at (subject to change).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EEK!

If I may be so bold as to speak for many here...

The little pointy talk-bubble arrow thing extended from the left side of the message body is EXACTLY the sort of visual clutter that is...

1) Unneededit doesn't add ANY help, visually or functionally, and,
2) Detested by those of us who love the spartan qualities of the WebX forums.

Same with the frames around and separations between replies.
Same with the "gray page background image. Superfluous, distracting, adds file weight to page loads.

Before I go looking, John...does the forum app you're working with have a demo?

I'd love to have a play just to see what options are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the screen shot I much prefer what we already have. Don't mean to be negative but why fix what already works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phos, you can download a trial at http://www.jivesoftware.com/products/clearspace-community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy, that question has been answered a number of times. This software can not handle what it needs to be able to in order to combine both the major Adobe forums. These forums contain only Adobe products from before Adobe bought Macromedia. That company had a totally separate set of forums which is also still being maintained. That means that someone who bought a single box with Photoshop and Dreamweaver in it can not get forum support in a single forum. So this effort is to build forums that will combine both sets of forums... and... not lose the current content of either set. A huge undertaking and challenge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXCELLENT!

Thank you, Dorothy.

:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John:

I hate to say it but on the basis of the specific screen shot you posted I want to gag! There is a gross amount of wasted space. Really. If we end up with that mess then we are in big trouble. I hope the "designers" (I'm using that term VERY loosely) can do a lot better than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and what about all that dreary Grey stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Cindy, that question has been answered a number of times.

It seems like no one is listening when it looks like you do not follow this simple model which has been requested more than a number of times and by many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😕 Even worse than the last time. :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> What so many of us like about the present forums is that the information comes from the content of the posts, not the design.

I like your way of putting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines