• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wonder if this forum can get back on track...

Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please stop using this place like an open discussion area.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the people responsible with knocking these forums into shape seem to be virtually absent in terms of showing results and, more significantly, in terms of reporting back with any feedback on what they are doing, this forum has become a joke and should be treated as such.

At first I was annoyed by all the off-topic exchanges but, with such an appalling attitude from people at adobe who should know better, it is hardly surprising that this place has become a second lounge.

If we don't see any reaction from those responsible, why should we care?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what Adobe should do is create a General Lounge area instead of having one exclusively for Photoshop people only.

Even Mozilla has a general newsgroup where anything goes it not moderated or just slightly moderated.  they understood the strain of just giving rote answers in support, coming off as cold with a lack of Community, which drives most people away.  The Photoshop People can keep their Lounge. As most everyone there from what I've seen are strictly photo people. More people would come and endure the painful cold and medicinal like groups for product support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ,

the Lounge *is* a general lounge.... no one is excluded from reading or posting.  It happens to have started as part of the Photoshop area, but it is certainly not limited to photoshop people.  In fact, the topics are generally quite far away from photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been there, not posted but looked around. Seemed like most if not all either were braging about various types of Camera equipment fighting with each other over some comments that harken back to the days of hippies, and the popular recreation activities that popular during that time the hey day of Credence Clearwater Revival, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabeth and the like. But because it was overhelmingly Photo related, figured it was strictly for Photoshop types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I've been there, not posted but looked around. Seemed like most if not all either were braging about various types of Camera equipment fighting with each other over some comments that harken back to the days of hippies, and the popular recreation activities that popular during that time the hey day of Credence Clearwater Revival, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabeth and the like. But because it was overhelmingly Photo related, figured it was strictly for Photoshop types.

WTF are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems mr Jones has been taking too much LSD again while smoking his crack pipe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I do neither.  Though I was of that generation I never tried any type of drug of any type.

I don't smoke, don't drink, or run wilth wild, wild women.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I don't smoke, don't drink, or run wilth wild, wild women.

Oh that's what your problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.

Doing any of the three can cause you problems, or cause much disease, and pain and suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wild redheads will be the death of me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about the pain and suffering you seem to cause.

have some fun start smoking and drinking I figure the wild women will have nothing to do with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something I can't change. Guess I was born to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about my visist one day to the Hotoshop Lounge. In fact on that day if two of the people had been in the same room I'm quite sure they would have come to blows.

The time I went was in a link posted in the Forum Comments section about a problem someone was having. I went to the link just to see what it was about. I'd heard talk for years about the Lounge in the webX forums.

Always wondered what it was like. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

PJ,

I can't for the life of me figure out what you are talking about here.  If you go and look at the topic list right now, there is not ONE topic about photoshop or photos.  Talk about photos and editing of them is more the exception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ lives in a parallel universe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wishe I did, afraid I am not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

figured it was strictly for Photoshop types.

... is what you said. Wrong either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"PJ lives in a parallel universe."

If there really were a parallel universe we would all have iPhones.

- Kung Foo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said photo related not photoshop related, Cameras, camera equipment and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with such an appalling attitude from people at adobe who should know better,

<Adobe Community Expert>Quit your whining!</ACE>

(I've been appalled too at some of the arrogant comments that I've seen from SOME (not all!) of Adobe's  minions.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been high for about twelve years.  I didn't miss it much.  That is until the new and improved forums.  A joint would not be turned down right now...  At any rate, I agree with Dave.  Let's take the off topic stuff to the lounge, where it belongs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"please stop using this place like an open discussion area."

The problem is, all it is is an open discussion area. Look at the list of posts; They are each from several different topics entirely, as far as the east is from the west they keep coming. It's like a kaleidoscope of topics, none are related to the others, they are all different.

The really different one is "wonder if this forum can get back on track..." without a question mark that topic title is grammatically incorrect.

Dave is in charge of cleaning erasers after school today.

- Teacher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines