• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't reply in my own Dreamweaver forum thread

Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tech support counseled me to post a complaint in a new message here in order for the "Dreamweaver forum team" to respond. 

Clicking Post after composing a Reply in threads I created appears to do nothing or causes an error. When I try again, the system accuses me of "flooding" forcing me to wait 3600 seconds (had to get my calculator out, couldnt you just say 1 hour). This has been going on for the last 3 days. My internet connection is strong and Ive had no connectivity issues with my ISP at all. I've been posting on this forum over 10 years, probably much longer. ATM, it appears I can start a new thread ok though (?).

Among the numerous problems:

- I get signed out while composing a message

- When I sign in again and call up the "Saved content" — or paste it in from my own saved version - clicking the Post button gives flooding error.

- "Correct highlighted errors" error, but nothing is highlighted

- Authentication failure

- Invalid html. This in nonsense. Im only replying to a post in a thread I created using the text box provided. But this is a web dev forum, putting css or html in a post shouldnt break it....

I was able to post a test reply using my iPhone. And, when I turned Wifi off then on, I was able to post a reply once, then the errors began happening all over again. 

Troubleshooting:
- Emptying browser cache

- Switching browsers
- Trying again later in the day
- Turning Wifi off/on
- Test posts w iPhone

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 12.24.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.09.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.12.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-30 at 1.07.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 7.34.05 PM.png

Chrome90, Safari 12.11  Mac os10.14

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Using the Community which is the appropriate space for forum related matters.]

NOTE:  Adobe does not make this forum software.  It is leased from a 3rd party called Khoros.

For best results, don't post code in replies unless you use the special code </> icon.

If your reply times out for whatever reason, copy it with Ctrl + C and refresh your browser with Ctrl + R or F5.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, someone else was replying at the same time you were. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too many attempts of posting the same message, even if failed will block your access for at least 5 minutes each. 
This is probably what happened, as I'm able to reply to your post with no issues. Try again today 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's another user in DW with the same issue: Trying to post a response on this forum without success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines