• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new computer to replace mouse

Guide ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was a nervous wreck today ( this morning up to now ....cause now its BEER THIRTY YIPEE ! TIME to relax )

Reason for nervous wrecklessness is I went to micro center in MN. area to pick out new computer components and see if they could build it for me, and be within my tight budget.

It took about 3 hours . But luckily the sales guy I met up with was fantastic and very cool.. and knew a LOT of stuff about high end machines and monitors etc.. through his own computer use ( serious gamer but aware of video editing and photoshop on pro level ). He did a lot to lessen my anxiety... and between us we think we got a good system for starting out. I can add stuff ( drives and better monitor(s) later as needed ).

This is what I got...and I will pick it up in 3-4 days from now...and it will weigh about 40 pounds !  Yikes !  It's HUGE !

components copy.jpg

After I pick it up and bring home I'm gonna install cs6 hard copy creative suite... update both windows and CS6 to newest versions and patches and fixes and whatever... and then unplug the ( disable ) new computer from internet.

We figured on 1 SSD for OS

1 SSD for scratch disk ( cs6 ) and probably those temp rendered files etc that PR likes...

2 Hard drives in raid 1 for source material

1 Hard drive for exports.

Then I can use my ext hd graid for backup of exports or for transit.

I'm probably gonna need help getting this set up right and adobe loaded properly.. and hope this thread can do that even though we are in lounge and typically dont deal with tech issues... I'll see how that goes down the road.

I really don't wanna spread myself all over the map and share posts with people who are frankly a bit less than interested in trying to eek out the best 'pro' system I can get going with this startup system...with an eye for adding to it later ( like when I get a client for example.. which would be nice at some point.. duh )

Anyway, regardless, it's BEER THIRTY ! YIPPEEE ! 

AND I GOT A NEW COMPUTER ( almost )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

notice the scarf and French motif....scarf and wine if I may so bold...and remember strauss kahn...who tied up the maid...

scarf and wine.jpg

in THIS scientific " study" the woman is going out the " in " door...and has claws for hands... but wears a beautiful scarf ...probably to tie up her lovers...

imf scarf2.jpg

whereas... in this pic the current IMF genius is wearing a scarf to tie up her 'enemies'

She knows that being close to her enemies is important and talks to bloomberg via secret twitter stuff ( bloomberg is trying to get

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 391 Replies 391
Guide ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spirit of the Lakes annual party parade starts in 20 minutes ...beginning at surfside park ( beach )and heading north and then east after that big green nature weed area. animals from zoo good for petting at beach around 1:30pm...

as per pic above... weeds are on right , whereas the left is a lake ( the one in my backyard )...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wanky 64gig cards...not happenin...back to the 32gig cards...

bummer

pig likes 64gig (via usb3 card reader ) only 'sometimes'....with win7...so I'm trashing them and going to use the 32gig cards..which worked on mouse and work on pig too...

grrrrr....the money spent coulda bought lots of pork and beans...so I'm bummed out !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reason I know this.. is cause I finally shot parade stuff out my window , nef and mov ...and did a LOT of shots and ran camera a long time...and THEN put that 64gig card into pig and it started getting wanky...sometimes recognizing files....sometimes stalling out....freezing up...

grrrrrr....

did same thing with 32gig card and pig was happy all the way...no problems...

no big deal.. but you know, I have to test stuff and max it out or whats the point ?? I can't afford to fail down the road.

so now it's beer thirty      YIPEE !

MY next challenge with pig....how best to defrag raid mirrored drive(s) ( source material ) and one sata drive for product...should I use free defraggler which mouse loved...or is ms windows defrag up to speed these days ?? I have no clue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody ....can maybe someone ask harm this defrag question through secret email or something??? he must know the answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

able123 wrote:

reason I know this.. is cause I finally shot parade stuff out my window , nef and mov ...and did a LOT of shots and ran camera a long time...and THEN put that 64gig card into pig and it started getting wanky...sometimes recognizing files....sometimes stalling out....freezing up...

grrrrrr....

did same thing with 32gig card and pig was happy all the way...no problems...

I use the lexar USB3 reader, reads both SD and CF - have had zero problems with sandisk 64 GB cards.

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-professional-usb-30-dual-slot-reader

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

able123 wrote:

MY next challenge with pig....how best to defrag raid mirrored drive(s) ( source material ) and one sata drive for product...should I use free defraggler which mouse loved...or is ms windows defrag up to speed these days ?? I have no clue...

Well, regarding defragment, Harm made this thread once:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2307131#2307131

It mentiones diskeeper, and the reviews for that are excellent.

http://disk-defragmenter-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

BUT beware reg. the home edition of diskeeper. It does NOT support Win 7 Pro. I just did that mistake to order, so I wanted to mention it. You need the Pro version for all windows versions:

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/professional/default.aspx

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ulf...

Based on your reply about the sandisc stuff I decided to try one more thing...swap card readers...put mouse reader on pig, put pig reader on mouse...and guess what ? !  YES ! the pig now reads the 64gig cards great...and fast...

xfer to pig from reader is fast...

installing the one that was on pig to mouse didnt go well... ( it is only usb 1 probably... the mouse is old.. ).

So anyway, thanx...I'll test a few more times with more material on cards.. (64gig ones )...just to be sure before I start shooting for real ....for project...

I'll check out the links re: defrag now ...thanks for that too !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, checked it out (disc keeper ).. looks good...bookmarked and made notes.

I guess the defrag that comes with win 7 pro is junky ??  I do have a mirrored raid setup (for source material ) and one 2T drive for exports etc... the rest is SSD not needing defrag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG !   I just looked at the 'map' to see where I have to go next week to get the 3d animation stuff from ice age....

I'm like 62 and lived mostly in NYC and hate hate hate cities and traffic and traveling...like as if my body has decided, " okay, enough it enough..."....

I'm sure many others feel the same way about cities and traffic and so on.. I can't possibly be the ONLY one who feels dread when looking at a map like THIS... !!!! OMG !

OMG.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, that looks kind of like the same trip one might make from Montauk to Manhattan. You can get there from here, but it ain't easy.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's a couple things I don't like..

I haven't ever been in the twin cities ...and have avoided it because I really don't like cities anymore.. the traffic, parking problems, hours of wasted time driving around due to detours and construction etc...and it looks to me that the river is gonna be really horrible to cross.

However, I'll just do it and get it over with. Maybe tomorrow...have to call the guy and make sure he has the free time to use lab to do the animation etc.

plus export etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your green screen issue.

Take a look at the Transparency Setting in UltraKey - by default it is 45% - crank it towards 100% (Its an opaque setting)

In Key light - often its Screen Balance or Screen Gain settings

In both apps it can also be  Pedestal.

There is no firm answer or solution.

Chroma Keys are always a bit of a fiddle and tweak session.

You can also apply the Key Effect twice - not an uncommon procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

========

You can also apply the Key Effect twice - not an uncommon procedure.

=========

ooooooooooooo.....I like that idea, Shooter ! I can imagine making the 'edge' (screen vs foreground ) finessed a little more by doing that !...Cool idea... ! thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

You are aware that there are two settings in the Program Monitor? One for playback resolution and one for paused resolution? Set them both to 100% and see what happens if you have not already done so.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven Gotz wrote:

joe bloe premiere wrote:

Wondering...

Is there any market for "Funeral Videos"?

Sadly enough, that is a huge market and getting bigger every day. Seriously.

I did one once, years back, but it is quite unusual here in DK.

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe...funeral videos...

" Sorry For Your Loss " with photos and clips of " the good times remembered "...

music track Christmas Special !

sadman.jpg

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2011/12/06/143193132/ten-glass-half-empty-holiday-songs-for-the-g...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will suggest the wife we try this at our next wedding shoot comming up 🙂

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines