• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing my Adobe account - I forgot my password & can't access my original email address to reset

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I paid, years ago, for the Adobe Creative Suite, to start a new career, but only now I am finally switching careers and need the software. My work so far has been farm labor so $1200 is a lot of money and I need to be able to access what I paid for. My problem is, I deleted my gmail address, and don’t remember my old password, so I can't access my account that way. It was [PII removed by moderator] - I even tried to recreate a gmail account with my old handle but they won’t allow old account names to be used even years after an account has been deleted.

I was told through Adobe help chat that 1) They checked my account and still have record of my purchase and 2) to post my issue here for support via email. There must be some way I can verify my identity to access my account? Driver’s license, etc?

Please help, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Interesting... the first two people on support chat said no, absolutely can't do anything, then the 3rd person made it really easy and we transfered my license from my old email to my new email/adobe account. 

Thank You SHAHEEN!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something wrong here... We're users like you and can't help with account issues. Get back on chat and try again. That's why they are there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought! but they sent me a link directly to this page...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent a message to the Adobe staffer who manages the forums to see if she can get you some help, but she's in Ireland so it won't happen for a few hours, at best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. I tried chat again. I was told that I would have to purchase the software again 😐 I offered to provide ID, or to prove that the bank account which made the purchase belongs to me. They said no. I can't afford to buy it again so in other words, out of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... the first two people on support chat said no, absolutely can't do anything, then the 3rd person made it really easy and we transfered my license from my old email to my new email/adobe account. 

Thank You SHAHEEN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found someone that knows something!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines