• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ID Account Delete / Free Creative Cloud membership

Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I set up an Adobe ID account and received free Creative Cloud membership with it. As I do not intent to use my Adobe ID account anymore, I would like to delete it. My questions are: do I have to cancel my free CC membership first? If I have to, then how, as there is no cancel option, just the View Plan and Upgrade Plan options. If I  delete my Adobe ID account without cancelling my free CC membership, will I get any fees for that? 

Thanks 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, cancel the trial subscription which otherwise will roll into a paid subscription.

check https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

p.s. if you're cancelling an annual plan early, there's a penalty (=1/2 the cost of the remaining months).

if the above link doesn't help you cancel, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear kglad

Thank you very much for your reply. Can your answer three more questions: I have provided no credit card or other banking information to Adobe, so how can I have a trial subscription? I thoght that getting the free Creative Cloud membership on signing up for Adobe ID does not constitute a subscription.  I didn't even want the thing in the first place.

How can I cancel my subscription when there is no Cancel button avaible for the free Creative Cloud membership (only View Plan and Upgrade Plan options)?

If I delete my Adobe ID account, will the free Creative Cloud membership be terminated as well? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see how you can be charged but i wouldn't chance it.

deleting your account probably isn't possible and if it is, it's not the same as canceling your subscription.

cancel info is in my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks again for the reply,

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FREE membership does not require a credit card because it's 100% free and provides only minimal access to starter apps and services.

You may safely remove your free Adobe apps the way you normally uninstall software via your operating system  -- Windows Control Panel or Mac Finder.

A trial subscription is quite different from FREE membership in that you are asked to enter your credit card for billing purposes.  Trial subscriptions convert to paid plans unless you cancel them beforehand.

HOW TO CANCEL (see video):

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy, 

Thank you for your reply. I would like to ask you the following questions: Since I only have a free Creative Cloud membership (and not a trial subscription), do I have to cancel it beforehand if I decide to delete my Adobe ID account?  And if I decide to continue using my Adobe ID account, can the company on its own, without prior notification, change my free membership to a trial or paid subscription?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply delete the software if you wish.  But DO NOT delete your account.  You'll never be allowed to re-activate it.  If at a later date you decide to get a trial subscription, you would need an all new account using a separate email and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"can the company on its own, without prior notification, change my free membership to a trial or paid subscription? "

No.  Like I said above, FREE membership is 100% free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply,

Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines