• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is the worst subscription to just Cancel.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to cancel Adobe and you get a cancellation fee, you can't remove the cards, and then they still charge you but credit you for 90 days for something you don't want instead. Literally the most frustrating time i've ever had canceling anything in my life, luckily and hopefully it's finally cancelled. Hopefully in the future they just simply allow people to cancel subscriptions without putting all these unnecessary things in place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

To Cancel https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html
-FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancel-subscription-faq-s/td-p/11843852
-do be aware that cancelling early means paying 1/2 of the remaining time as a fee

The early cancellation fee is what you agree to when you buy a subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Cancel https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html
-FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/cancel-subscription-faq-s/td-p/11843852
-do be aware that cancelling early means paying 1/2 of the remaining time as a fee

The early cancellation fee is what you agree to when you buy a subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True but almost having to pay a cancellation fee and an overdraft fee for an old card that you no longer use and being told you can't cancel or refund it is the worst, even if you switched cards you're still charged.

Most subscriptions just let you cancel, regardless if you cancel late or not it shouldn't matter if you don't want it but it does to Adobe, like if the fee was even 5$ or less then fine but double just so people don't want to cancel at that moment, hope they forget and start the process all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MXAlv wrote:

(...) an overdraft fee for an old card that you no longer use

That is your bank, not Adobe. Adobe can only charge the card you have given to them. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 3 free month's of service is a "customer retention incentive" to keep customers happy.  That's nothing new in the service industry (dish/cable TV, Phones, etc...)  You realize you are under no obligation to accept an "incentive offer."  Accepting the 3 free months and then complaining about it later says more about you than Adobe.  🙄

Just saying...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 3 months isn't even what i'm worried about, and isn't my complaint. My issue is that I was charged on an old card that I don't use anymore and I couldn't cancel or refund and nearly got charged an overdraft fee from that card, I was offered the 3 months but didn't want it, I declined and that's the end of that. The issue is that even if I wanted to cancel i'm charged an additional price, I get i'm signed up for that but in my opinion it doesn't make sense to charge me for something I don't want anymore. There's so many things in place before you can just cancel is literally what this post is about. 

Out of everything said in my post, the 3 months is the least relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines