• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe refusing to refund my subscription!

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A £600 subscription was takern out of my account 11 days ago and the customer service are claiming that I am not etitled to a refund as this is a renewel and not a new payment. They were beyond rude and condesending and I am livid. I can not afford this charge and I have been told to wait 24 hours to get a call back to discuss this! Can someone please help me with what to do or where to go for help, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nowhere else. There is no complaints department or back door to a different group of customer service reps. You must persist with these same reps. And be quick, it seems they are trying to string you along until 14 days have passed. But be very, very polite; it is entirely their choice whether they waive the fees you are contracted to (and I have no doubt you were contracted to it, even if you didn't read the contract carefully).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the customer service person you spoke to through the Adob live chat area (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen)?

I'd suggest you go to the live chat and see if you can get an agent who is able to deal specifically with subscription matters. Maybe you will get someone who is more accomodating.

For anyone wishing to stop their Adobe subscription, it is important to be across the requirements as below:
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

If you have done what's expected, but it has not been actioned, document what you have done with all the evidence you have, and you can then present it to an Adobe agent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice! We spoke to an Adobe representative over the phone, so I will try the live chat as well. I thought I was entitled to a refund if it was cancelled within 14 days, as that's what it states on their website. I've seen them respond to someone else's post saying that they have processed a refund after they have a 1 month subscripton. How can they pick and choose who gets their money back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are entitled for a refund if you cancel during the first 14 days of your subscription, not for a renewal. Renewals need to be cancelled before renewal. 

Now, the customer service has some leverage to react to complaints, it helps, when keeping a friendly tone, even if you are upset. I suppose that the final decision needs to be taken by a supervisor. And as I told, it's entirely discretionary.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dean, interesting, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen this link (here from Norway) does not show any chat option. Where should this show up / be visible? This is how this page looks from here, I also tried to use

chromnes incognito mode, just to make sure its not some browser extension killing something, but no.

mek_0-1665580917762.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the chat option would open automatically IF you had a compliant browser.  ie, the browser should allow popups and cookies.

if you can't get your browser to work, try a different browser.  or use the phone or twitter:

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines