• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reuse the email of a deleted account?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have 2 Adobe accounts under two different email addresses. I recently deleted one of these accounts, but I want to change the primary email of my remaining account (the one with an active plan) to the email of my deleted account. When I try to do that, it says the email is taken. However, the account that uses this email should no longer exist. (Do I have to wait a few days before the email of that deleted account is out of the system?)

Is there a way I can change my primary email to the email of a deleted account?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

I think not, but ask support to be sure

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The signs are that the email is reserved forever, and cannot be reused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think not, but ask support to be sure

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer to your question is NO.

Once you use an email address for an Adobe Account it can not be used again at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I asked support, they ended up telling me I would be able to use the email after the account is completely deleted in 30 days. Could this be possibly not true? If so, would I just be better off recovering the account, canceling my current plan, and getting a new plan on the account I was trying to delete? The bottom line is I want my plan under my primary email. Right now it's under an email that I want to stop using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea IF what support told you abot the 30 day time limit is true.

As far af I know once an email address is used, YourUserName @ SomeEmailProviderDomainName . Com/Net/Org, for an account of any kind whether at Adobe or any other website, it can Not be used again, Ever, at that same site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have a similar situation. Could you please tell me, how you solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same situation.  I spent time on chat with an Adobe rep.  Shall we say - less than helpful, condescending and of no help with the situation.  As it is now I receive no emails from Adobe because I do not get emails from the email address they use to send me things.  Pretty ridiculous to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with adobe at work. Normally I just sign in using work credentials and bos your uncle. However there was an upgrade and suddently signing in was not allowed, it kept giving me an error. Not sure what happened but I came in aftrer an upgrade to software at work and it let me "sign in" but I noticed it referred to my accounjt as "personal" and was asking me for payment. So I tried to de-activate it. Now I'm unable to use adobe at all at work. I have my personal one for home, but I want to use the work one whilst at work, with no clear idea how to fix the account in adobe or use it from my desktop or work laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NatalieCook2011 

contact your plan administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My administrator doesn't know what I'm talking about unfortunately. So next attempt will be to change the email from the accidental personal one with the work email to another email address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then your administrator should contact adobe support for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines