Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t cancel subscription

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I signed up for the 7 day free trial and now want to cancel the subscription. Adobe says I have to cancel through the apple App Store, however my subscription does not appear there and I have confirmed with multiple people at apple that the subscription was not purchased through apple. Adobe says they are unable to cancel because they insist it was purchased through apple. I am completely stuck. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not purchased through Apple:

See here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html
and here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

If you have trouble canceling, please go to Adobe Customer Service (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You can also contact Adobe by Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

If purchased through Apple,  you have to contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for loving this to the correct forum. The options for canceling through some don't work because some directs me to cancel through the apple App Store. Apple says I don't have a subscription to some through my Apple ID. See attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where did you actually purchase it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it was on the Adobe app. The email address connected with my Adobe account is not even the same email address that I use for my Apple ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's an adobe app on your mobile, contact the app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, multiple times as I said before and apple says that I do not have a subscription to Adobe through apple subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ask apple if you purchased anything from adobe via their store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and multiple people at apple have told me that I am not being billed for any subscriptions through apple except for my iCloud. If you look at the attachments I included previously, you can see that Adobe directs me to cancel through the App Store and the App Store shows no Adobe subscriptions. This is enough to drive anyone a little batty, haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who's billing you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't gotten a bill yet. It was a 7 day free trial that I will be billed for if I don't cancel the free trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gotta be apple. adobe would have already billed you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting for clarity:

I signed up for the 7 day free trial and now want to cancel the subscription. Adobe says I have to cancel through the apple App Store, however my subscription does not appear there and I have confirmed with multiple people at apple that the subscription was not purchased through apple. Adobe says they are unable to cancel because they insist it was purchased through apple. The options for canceling through Adobe don't work because Adobe directs me to cancel through the apple App Store. Apple says I don't have a subscription to Adobe through my Apple ID. See attachments. 

I am completely stuck. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briana, I am sorry, but I can confirm that the Acrobat Premium subscription tied to the account you used to post to this public discussion forum is managed by Apple. Please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 for information on how to manage subscriptions through Apple. I recommend providing Apple support with any alternative contact information that may have been used to purchase through the Apple App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

did you see the attachments that I posted? How can I or apple possibly cancel my subscription when it doesn't show on my list of subscriptions? Maybe I just have a free Adobe premium account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briana, please make sure that you have not included any personal information in your attachments or remove them from your post. This is a public discussion forum and the information is available to anyone with Internet access.

I am sorry, Briana, but you will need to work directly with Apple to identify the account you used to make your purchase. Make sure you ask them to check all the different e-mail addresses you used to post to the Adobe Community discussion forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any personal information in my attachments. I did have apple check both of my email addresses and no subscription is found. I think I have a free Adobe premium account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briana, there is a paid membership through Apple that is already past due. I would encourage you to work with them to avoid losing access.

Please bookmark https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html if you decide to start a new subscription for Acrobat managed by Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me a private message with that billing info or detail? A screenshot or something that I can provide to Apple? As things stand right now, I don't see a way that anyone will be able to collect payment from me, so until that happens the Adobe account will be free. I don't care if I lose access, I wanted the account canceled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briana, you can use the information in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to review your recent support case ADB-29611287-G1D6. If you need additional help, then please begin a secure chat session by clicking on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

You will still need to work with Apple if you wish to manage the subscription billed through them, Briana.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the first link you sent, signed into my Adobe account and can see the case you mentioned but there is nothing to review, it says it's resolved and nothing to open or click on. I really don't have time for all of this non-sense. Adobe or apple can try to collect payment from me but I don't think they will be dicey as things stand now. I have doesn't way too much time trying to do their job for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also ridiculous that after I post here, I can't go back and edit. I meant to say that I have spent way too much time trying to do other people's jobs on this issue. Somebody can try to collect payment for this premium subscription but I don't think they will be too successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines