• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation Fee

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe two months ago and unfortunately do not have the time to use it.

Upon signing up, there was no mention of a $99 cancellation fee. This should have been mentioned in the terms.

I feel that this is bad business practice, especially when they do not notify their customers of this.

I am writing to have the cancellation $99 cancellation fee waived and to have my Adobe Illustrator product cancelled. If Adobe cannot honor my request, I will be reporting them to the BBB and visiting the bank to stop payments immediately as this is fraudulent.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

This is an open forum, not Adobe support... click below to contact Adobe staff to help

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

It seems you did not read the Subscription Terms https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support... click below to contact Adobe staff to help

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

It seems you did not read the Subscription Terms https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

-Purchasing FAQ https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1926340

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adriannei45828683  wrote

I signed up for Adobe two months ago and unfortunately do not have the time to use it.

Upon signing up, there was no mention of a $99 cancellation fee. This should have been mentioned in the terms.

It is.

"Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes (such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate (or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel scammed as well. When I subscribed, these were the terms. (They're still on the Dutch website):

adobe.jpg
It says that I can cancel my subscription any time. Not a single word that you have to pay a fine. I tried to contact the customer service, but it is "not available" because I am not a customer anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is an open forum, not Adobe support"
After cancellation, Adobe customer support blocks the possibility to ask questions and refers to the community forums, phone or Twitter...
This is not very customer friendly, especially not when English is not your native language.
customer.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it happens I am also having an issue. I have had the subscription for a few years, don’t use it, I certainly do not get an email saying your annual subscription is coming to an end.

i fully understand what auto renewal means, however I cannot actually find out when that annual renewal comes to an end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is an open forum and everybody should know. Same experience with Adobe cancellations. I am a long time user of Adobe products and CC and Stock.

I have now canceled both.

Their practices are at best manipulative, and at worst, extortionate.

In both cases I have spoken at length to support via the live chat and the result has been that I have exited without paying fees. NO-ONE SHOULD PAY THESE FEES! How can a company raise the price of a subscription service without releasing the customer from the subscription agreement. Incremental price rises might be legal but mine went from 49 to 72 for CC and 14 to 39 for Stock.

Though, as many others have said, the signup experience does not indicate clearly, or at all, that there is any cancellation fee. And as has also been said, the fee does not cover any costs that Adobe would incur through your cancellation. It is just a manipulative way to make it harder to leave so that you forget about it. That is underhanded and indecent.

I sell subscription service such as web hosting myself. When a customer pays annually and wants to cancel, they get a pro-rata refund, because I recoup the resources I had sold to them. That is the decent way to do business. This fiasco from Adobe is NOT!

So please, go to the live chat, ask to speak to a supervisor and mention just how unjust these fees are and refuse to pay them. If they charge you anyway, then at least report the case to consumer affairs or your governemnt regulatory body. Do not give them a cent that you feel you were not amply warned about and in good faith agreed to.

This company, which has grown rich on the monies we've paid them, have stopped trying to win the competition war by innovative products and good customer service and have opted to exploit the customer for the benefit of the shareholder. Time to leave. Look into competing products - they are growing in number and quality by the month. Let greedy companies die - that is the consumer responsibility.

Here is the transcript of my recent chat to avoid $358 dollars of extortionate cancellation fees.

info: You are now chatting with 'Dixita'

Dixita: Thank you for contacting Adobe Membership Services.

Dixita: How can I help you today?

Brent Leggett: I am disgusted about the illegal and extortionate cancellation fee.

Brent Leggett: Please transfer me to your supervisor.

Dixita: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Dixita: Let me look into the details for you and provide you with the best resolution.

Brent Leggett: Pat answer - NO! please transfer me to supervisor.

Dixita: Could you please update me with your phone number in the mean time?

Brent Leggett: Why?

Brent Leggett: I am logged in to my account. You don't need more personal info.

Dixita: Brent give me a chance to work on your query.

Brent Leggett: I have been here before about my stock subscription - ridiculous cancellation fees. I have argued it over and asked to be put through to a supervisor and got a reasonable and just result. Now I have to do it again.

Brent Leggett: Yes you can tell I'm angry - I'll bet you are used to it.

info: Your chat transcript will be sent to ##### at the end of your chat.

Brent Leggett: Good thanks. And it will be posted on the Adobe forum.

Dixita: I understand your frustration, but I will make sure that your issue will get resolve.

Dixita: If I am not wrong you wish to cancel the membership?

Brent Leggett: Correct.

Dixita: May I know the reason that why you wish to cancel the subscription?

Brent Leggett: It is too expensive and the price has risen fro 49 to 72 - one hell of a leap.

Brent Leggett: In addition Premiere's updates are difficult, thoughtless and no backwards compatibility hurts workflow.

Dixita: Will you continue with the membership If I give you discounted price plan?

Brent Leggett: No. I know you will give me 2 months free - then 3 months. But I want out of the subscription model where the company sets the price and locks me in to their system. It's slavery.

Brent Leggett: Same thing happened with Adobe stock. 14 became 39 !!!

Dixita: We appreciate your patience and apologize for the wait.

Dixita: Please stay online while I am canceling the subscription for you.

Brent Leggett: What about the fees. Will you waive them?

Dixita: Yes I will as an exception.

Dixita: Shall I proceed further?

Brent Leggett: Good. Thank you. Yes please proceed.

Dixita: Thank you please stay connected.

Dixita: Thank you for staying online, I have successfully cancelled the subscription for you, And you will not receive any more charges for this membership. You would have received the system generated cancellation confirmation email on your mailbox by now.

Dixita: I hope am able to resolve the issue as per your satisfaction?

Brent Leggett: Thank you. I think you must get many angry chats and it is because your company has become immoral in their treatment of loyal customers. I highly recommend you get a new place of employment. Until then, I hope they pay you well.

Dixita: Well, suggestion taken.

Dixita: You are going to receive a customer satisfaction survey. I would appreciate it if you fill it out.

Dixita: Thank you for contacting Adobe, goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brent so much for posting this!  I tried to ring to cancel my daughters annual paid monthly subscription we have had for three years, no luck.  So I went on live chat.  It went like this:

info: You are now speaking with Habadshit

Me:  I would like to cancel my daughters subscription to adobe creative cloud

Habadshit:  Why?

Me: ?? Because the school now does something different.

Habadshit:  Would it help if I offer it to you for $22 a month?

Me: No!  I want to cancel my subscription

Habadshit:  What is your phone number?

Me: Why?   I don't want to add anything I want to cancel.

Habadshit:  That will be $212 cancellation fee.

Me:  Excuse me?!

Habadshit:  Please refer to the terms & conditions.

On looking at these we got cut off from live chat.  Though there is statements along the lines of paying this fee I think it is unnecessary & just a money making exercise on adobe's behalf.  My daughter then received an email saying her subscription has been cancelled.  No mention of the fee.  My credit card had expired this month & I will not update it with adobe.  I have tried all day to phone or chat to clarify that it has been cancelled but cannot get through.  Don't want any nasty suprises but will not be giving out my credit card number, if they bill me I will send them a cheque if anyone ever speaks to me!  Thanks again for confirming almost word for word what they try & do, it has helped me n dealing with this

Kathy/Ellie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to cancel my membership?

This Adobe easy to sign up and very hard to cancel!! Please cancel my subscription immediately!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when I signed up for a free trial. I didn't see a mention of the 99 $ cancellation fee anywhere. Maybe it was somewhere in the small print. I feel a brand-name company such as adobe should communicate this more clearly now my trust in them has deteriorated.  Overall a very unpleasant experience, I'm going to try to avoid adobe products in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also going to share this feedback widely on social media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines