• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing account without re-install the suite

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

recently I changed my subscription and the new one is linked to a new account of mine. Now, do I have to re-install all the programs of the suite on my Mac? Is it possible just associate the installed programs to the new account? And what happens to the existing projects?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Hi Simbolabile,

Welcome to the Adobe Forums!

You can certainly associate the new Adobe account to the installed programs without re-installing the products.

1. Launch Creative Cloud desktop app.

2. Click on the gear icon on the top right hand side in the Creative Cloud desktop window and go to 'Preferences'

3. Select the tab 'Account', Sign out of creative cloud and then sign back in using the different Adobe Id.

Thanks

Kapil Rupani

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit all Adobe products.  Delete this file:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
Relaunch whichever Adobe product you like and sign in with the correct account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really disgusting company. You switched accounts, and there is no option to log out? only option available is to buy package, if you close dialog, it force the app to close itself. And you end up cannot log out forever. Seriously, what kind of product is this. Don't expect to get my money once my plan finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@merve267119579m0l it's easy and quick to change accounts.

what problem are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst customer service EVER. Was supposed to get 6 digit Auth code to start the plan. Never received. Not in spam. Bot-based chat no help. Sent me to FAQ links from 5 years ago. No help. Terrible. Cancelling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike267408636jul, use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm locking this. It does not make sense to reactivate this 2014 thread for unrelated posts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines