• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Early Cancellation Fee

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else paid for a month thinking they were on a monthly plan, canceled, then had another invoice paid, then warned about an early cancellation fee without their permission?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

many people.

you can make your case to adobe support. sometimes they're sympathetic.  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private messag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many people.

you can make your case to adobe support. sometimes they're sympathetic.  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2024 Jul 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was facing a early cancellation fee of 838 Danish Kroner on a monthly subscription of 185 DKK. I asked the chat agent to cancel my plan without the early commitment fee. Ofcourse the virtual assistant didn't understand. Got it to connect me with a human agent, after some tries. Lady in customer service couldnt waive the agreement but helped me by switching me to a yearly plan of 140 DKK/year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: @Eric38628117w80z 

for others, there's always no penalty for changing plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. let us know what support says, if you have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contest the charges with the bank. It's time we take back what dishonest h1b employees at adobe are attempting to steal from people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe’s hidden cancellation fee is unlawful, FTC suit says | Ars Technica

Adobe just got smacked hard by the Federal Trade Commission for this exact unlawful practice 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today  4:47 PM

Privacy Notice

Your use of this automated chatbot constitutes consent that the personal information you provide in the chat session will be collected, used, disclosed, and retained by Adobe and service providers acting on Adobe's behalf by the Adobe Privacy Policy. Please do not provide sensitive personal information (such as financial or health) in the chatbot.

Responses may be AI-generated (beta) and could be inaccurate or misleading. Be sure to double-check answers and sources. Responses are not your Content.
Adobe generative AI terms.

operator

Hi Milton, I'm the Adobe Virtual Assistant. How can I help you?

I want to make sure I understand clearly. How would you like to connect with an agent?

Request a phone call

Continue in chat

Continue in chat

Please tell me what you need help with so that I can connect you with an agent who can best assist you.

subscription

I want to make sure I understand clearly. Which of these categories best describes your issue?

Cancel a plan

Change my plan

Understand cancel policies, fees and refund eligibility

Check my billing history and plan details

Something else

Something else

I'm still learning. Could you describe the issue differently or tell me your goal?

operator

To connect you with an agent who can best help you, please tell me which category most closely describes your issue.

Download / Install help

Account / Manage my plan

Cancel a plan

Billing / Payment

Try or buy products

Cancel a plan

Ok. Connecting you to an agent who can help.

We'll connect you with an agent as soon as possible. For a faster resolution, please tell us how we can help you today.

You are now connected to Meraj, who is reviewing your account. If you need to share sensitive information, such as credit card number, please wait for your agent to give you steps to share it securely.

Meraj

Hello, I'd be happy to help you today, let me first pull up your account information and access your details.

Hello Meraj, sure.

Meraj

I understand your issue that you would like to cancel your plan. I will surely look into this and help you.

yes please,

i don't want to keep paying for something that I don't use

Meraj

Alright, as I can check you have an Active subscription of Illustrator and you are paying USD 24.51 under your account.

yes i paid that last month, and i dont want to keep my subscription anymore

and also i dont want to be charge any more as well, im cancelling completely

Meraj

Alright, please allow me 2 - 3 minutes while I check what best I can do for you.

thank you so much

Meraj

Thanks for staying connected, we appreciate your patience.

If you would like to continue, I can offer a free credit of 90 days on the subscription allowing you time to explore our products. It will be completely free wherein you will not need to pay anything for the next 3 months and it will be absolutely free for you. How does that sound to you?

Read Entire Message

that sounds amazing, but im not interested for now, i just dont want to keep paying for the software that i dont use.

Meraj

Alright.

If you still wish to continue, I can offer you a discounted price of USD 15.99 month exclusive of taxes for the next year and a free credit of 90 days along with it on your subscription.

You'll only be required to make the first-month payment today and then for the next 3 months (August, September & October) you will not be asked to make any payments. We will also provide 24/7 technical support if in case you are stuck at a particular place and need help. With this offer, your next billing date after today will be in the month of November 2024. You will also receive a pro-rated refund for the remaining days (if any) of your current plan. How does that sound to you?

Read Entire Message

thank you so much for your offer, but i will pass for now.

Meraj

Alright! As I can check, this plan is under an annual commitment and we are terminating it earlier than the tenure is complete which is why the system catches a cancellation fee. if we cancel right now.

May I know how would you like me to proceed?

Read Entire Message

I just want you to cancel my subscription and remove me from the monthly payment list

this is exactly why im contacting customer service

because i didnt get any notification or agreement about any fee after cancelation

Meraj

I understand Milton, I would suggest you to take the offer of 3 months to save you from cancellation fee.

I completely disagree, with respect to this fee, do you understand that i dont want to pay for a service that i dont use?

Meraj

I understand that Milton that you don't want to pay for anything that you don't even use that is the reason I am helping you with 3 months so that I can save you from the fee.

in that case, may i have proof of me agreeing to this early cancellation fees?

i just dont want to be part of the company list

Meraj

Product-icon Illustrator Adobe Store COM

Annual Commitment / Monthly Billing Item Price USD 22.99 Item Price (incl. Tax)

Next Billing Amount USD 22.99 Next Billing Amount (incl. Tax) USD 24.51.

Read Entire Message

Milton, its an annual commitment with Monthly billing

There won't be any further charges for upcoming 3 months. Please be rest assured.

I want a letter from the company saying that i signed up for this early cancellation fee.

Meraj

Alright, as a goodwill gesture I am going ahead and helping you with the cancellation and on top of that I will be waiving off the fee for you.

thank you for your goodwill gesture.

Meraj

As per your decision, I have successfully canceled your plan and waived off the fee for you Apart from this is there anything else I can do for you?

thats it, thank you

Meraj

Thank you, for allowing us the time to share the exclusive offers available on your account. As per your decision, we have canceled the Illustrator. Thank you for being our customer and allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope you would consider us as your creative partner in any future ventures.

Type your message here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Milton38559050d3zo 

do you have a question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird how we all mentioned this problem for several months while adobe did nothing but fold their greedy little arms and pout about it instead of listening. Can't wait for adobe to get taken to court for infecting people with mcafee's malware against their will too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can cancel for free. Change teh plan to something else then cancel the new plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines