• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXTREMELY frustrated with Adobe very scamlike for such a big company..

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to unsubscribe from Adobe Creative Cloud over the summer due to not needing to use it. They told me there's a cancellation fee of 50 dollars?????

So, I changed my subscription to Lightroom to pay a smaller subscription. Now, I need to use it for one month to update my portfolio, only to NOT have an option for subscription that once was 20 dollar for students or even the 25ish dollars, it UPCHARGED to 50 dollars a month??? Are y'all serious, the more y'all keep doing this, I assure you another company will create a solution for this with a better program and not being so deceptive and scam-like.

Please fix this, I got charged AGAIN for changing my subscription when I literally got charged a few days prior for Adobe Creative Cloud. This is absolutely insane.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

addressing adobe is more effective if made elsewhere.

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no deception.  It's plainly spelled out on the website.  See screenshot.

image.png

I invite you to read the Creative Cloud Plan offerings and understand the TERMS you are agreeing to before you give anyone your payment card number & expiration date.

Creative Cloud Plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Subscription & Cancellation Terms:
https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Adobe offers eligible students a very generous discount on the Creative Cloud ALL APPS plan.  However certain restrictions apply.

USD $20/month for the first year, after which the rate goes up to $30/month until you cancel or graduate.

It's a 12 month commitment. Early cancellations incur a 50% penalty fee.

Some apps can be leased for 1 month and cancelled at anytime.  However the price for 1 month is higher & subject to price increases.

Any questions?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The early canellation fee is well documented and is half of the remaining due for not going to the end of your subscription. Check the e-mail you got, when you took the subscription. Cancelling during the last month of your subscription is free of charge.

I'm not commenting on the issues with changing the subscription. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default6ugbwct6wq5l,

We understand the sentiments, however, the cancellation charges are always made clear when you subscribe for the Adobe Creative Cloud plan.

For future reference, please check out this article: Understand Creative Cloud subscription terms and refund policies

We welcome all the suggestions and feedback. Please feel free to share one. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why does Adobe need to lock customers in to their service? Just let us pay once for a tool, no more god-d**med subscription services! Whether pre-advertized or not, it is a plain money-grab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was a business decission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a company seeking to boost profits by making a less pleasant customer experience. It's valid as a business decision but it brings the whole economy into disrepute when everyone is doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by now they've had time to weigh unhappy customers/lost customers vs profit and haven't changed the model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Justin38924295ecbw,

• The subscription model has been wildly successful for more than 12 years.
  • It keeps pace with changing technologies in ways that boxed disks never could.
  • Adobe's not the only software maker to embrace the subscription model.  There's an industry-wide effort to thwart piracy and bogus software from being unlawfully distributed.
  • Adobe has 22 million satisfied Creative Cloud subscribers and employs 26,000 people worldwide.
  • The subscription model works. There's no reason to go back to how things were at the turn of the century. 

Creative Cloud is no different than paying monthly for your phone/Internet & streaming services. And if you opt for the month-to-month plan for slightly more per month, you can cancel whenever you want to without penalty.  However, the 12-month plan offers the best value for your money.   Your choice.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines