• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I delete my Adobe Account?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering how to delete this account. I only have the free membership and according to my order history, I haven't bought anything, however it's also telling me I have Illustrator (I don't). My account was charged today, despite membership being "free" and me having not bought anything. I tried to contact Adobe about this, but was left in chat with no response to for an hour and was given a notification that the phone lines are down.

So, how do I completely delete this account? I don't use any of the services and I will not be charged for something I don't use (and would appreciate a refund). Also, Adobe has no email address, so contacting them is near-impossible. Another user said this feels deliberate. Can't help but agree there.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AS,

I have sent you a PM, please check.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several times I have asked for this account to be DELETED. First time was quite promising, I received an e-mail explaining that all my data would be deleted and that I had to confirm this was really wanted. I confirmed. The day after I received an e-mail explaining that my subscriptions has been cancelled and that my account was made into a free account with basic functionality only. And then support case was closed.

I contacted chat, explaining that I wanted DELETION. Again I was asked to confirm the same, in the chat. I did. The day after I received an e-mail explaining that my subscriptions has been cancelled and that my account was made into a free account with basic functionality only.

Today I contacted chat again, and AGAIN I was explained that deletion of the account would mean all my data would be gone, and I was asked to confirm that this is what I really wanted. And I confirmed. Again.

I am starting to doubt that Adobe will ever comply with my demand for profile deletion according to GDPR section 17.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... inexcusable they don't have a simple "delete account" button.

My suggestion for a partial workaround:
Change all the profile info you can to random values.
Set a randomly generated password.
Disconnect any social media / google accounts.

That should seriously limit the security vulnerability and their ability to annoy you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue with me. No options to cancel subscriptions and delete an account. They definitely awaiting for legal actions. The lowest customer service quality from one of the most famous IT companies in the world. The quality of a one-day scam website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alexanderp73633376  wrote

(...) No options to cancel subscriptions and delete an account. (...)

That are 2 different options.

Cancel:

Please look here for self-cancel: How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership .

Note that if you have open dues, self-cancel is not available. You need first to pay outstanding amounts before you can close the subscription. If you can't, you need to Contact Customer Care .

Delete the account:

After having cancelled all plans you need to Contact Customer Care to get your account deleted. There are legal reasons that this can't be done on the fly.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"On the fly?" What do you mean? If it was so quick and easy to delete an account that people were doing it by accident or could for other people I could understand using that kind of language, but this is the exact opposite. Adobe has made it so convoluted to delete an account that you should be saying something like "There are legal reasons that we are making this a difficult process." But lets be honest, what you should be saying is, "To keep our user base appear as large as possible we are making it extreme difficult and frustrating to delete your account." And making this process difficult it not putting you on the right side of the "legal reason" you are referring to, it it putting you on the wrong side of privacy rights. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take some of that back. I did find a way to delete the account. After you login, under "Profile" and "Privacy" there is an option to delete the account. Good job Adobe for making it somewhat straightforward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to. this action from adobe is inexcusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just canceled my CC subscription due to the last decade of degrading quality and pressure tactics from adobe. I've been using their products professionally since the 90's. They reek of desperation now and have completely taken their eye off the pro market. I've unsubscribed from their marketing emails several times over the last couple of years and continue to get them. I urge everyone to look at alternatives. The situation is not going to improve; corps of a certain size inevitably turn against their customer's interests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey adobe, stop breaking the law and allow me to delete my account!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Login to your account.

Remove all the active plans.

Click this link - https://adobe.com/go/delete-account?sa_src=wm5

NOTE : YOU WILL LOOSE ALL DATA FROM ADOBE ACCOUNT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO YOU GET RID OF ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide more information before anyone can help you (and someone will probably separate this out into a new thread once you do).

What are you trying to get rid of?

Are you trying to cancel a subscription to an application? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

Are you trying to uninstall one or more applications? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Are you having problems uninstalling?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, if you want to cancel your paid subscription plan, then see the help page mentioned above:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

After cancelling, your membership will return to the free level of Creative Cloud.

If you wish to delete your Adobe account entirely (purging all information), then follow the instructions given on this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html

Note you can only remove an account if it has no active subscriptions and no payments due.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines