• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I had a monthly plan I need to cancel now. But it's asking for cancellation fees ( 3 months left)

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the time of subscribing ( oct-2021)  I opted for monthly plan thinking it would be a waste of money if I discontinue in between.
Even though annual lan was cheaper than monthly one. 

I continued with the monthly plan for around 3 years. 
But because of financial restructuring I now need to discontinue my plan.

Now I am too surprised to see Adobe is charging cancellation fees for the remaining 3 months. 
( And there was no such clear notification when opting for the monthly plan) 
Why would anyone go for a monthly plan if they are supposed to pay for the remaining months? 
Can you help me cancel my plan without any additional charges? 

adobe-cancellation-fees.png

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

click here, https://adobe.ly/3ykKAk4
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach somebody. 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're here to help you. I see that you purchased Animate subscription which was an annual plan, paid monthly. The monthly plan without any contract is different. With the plan that you have right now comes with an annual contract and that is the reason you are being charged a cancellation fee. Please refer to this document for more information on why we charge you a cancellation fee: https://adobe.ly/3Ywq4rD;

Hope this answers your query. 

Thanks 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should put such explanation and share link clearly while some is subscribing to the services. It should be very clear and upfront in red with warning sign and you should not use the term "monthly plan". 
Because this is not how monthly plans are supposed to work traditionally. Everyone knows how a basic monthly plans work and yearly plans work and what is the difference. The clear advantage of a monthly plan is the flexibility to discontinue at any time, unlike a yearly plan. This flexibility is why some people prefer monthly plans despite the higher cost.
Just because you have introduced some of your own misleading vocabulary and put something in terms and conditions does not change the original dictionary meaning. You cannot just make your own personal dictionaires. This really feels like a cheating. It's not just me, it's clearly an unpleasant shock for so many customers as you can see the forum itself. 
Can you please help me cancel my plan without cancellation fees? I can't pay such fees for no good reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern. There are 3 types of plans, Monthly, Annual paid monthly and Annual prepaid. the one that you are paying for is Annual paid monthly. You may please refer the legal terms for more clarity: https://adobe.ly/4dnRP9N;

Since this is the Adobe community, we suggest you to get in touch with Adobe support to get help around cancellations or refunds: https://adobe.ly/4dk0Hx8. Hope this helps! 

Thanks 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came to forum because there is really no way to chat directly to customer support and discuss my grievance. 

Why the explanation you are giving it now so clearly is not upfront and clear at the time of subscribing the service? 
On the whole initial page (screenshot) you have not mentioned anything clearly about your innovative vocabulary word "monthly plan annually". It's after you click the link it talks and explains about cancellation fees thus intentionally making it confusing.
This is how shady it is. As you know reading and understanding about "cancellation fees" most users won't subscribe to the service. 

Such behaviour only pushes me to loose my trust in any company as big as Adobe. To think about my subscription to many other services too. The more concerning part is the submission of credit cards and debit cards as a bond. And any basic term companies use has no real meaning as it may have got it's own new meaning and dictionary. 

cancel-plan.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience. What happens when you click on the chat icon to contact support? 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat icon opens up a robot, a "Virtual assistant" that keeps sharing links to same pages as yours and keeps repeating the same thing. Obviously I already know how to cancel. 
a.pngb.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

click here, https://adobe.ly/3ykKAk4
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach somebody. 

^KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines