• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a regular plan I need to change it to a student plan but...

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After speaking to someone on Adobe chat I understand they can do this, no problem, however, what I am not clear on is that they have to cancel my current plan to start a new one - does this mean I loose all my history and libraries I have built up on my account over the past 15 years or does my end of things stay the same, It just a billing change?

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Thanks for the update, RedKate. I would encourage you to contact your educational institution to find out how they can accommodate your request.

If you decide to purchase an individual plan with an educational discount, I would strongly recommend you use an e-mail address not managed by the organization. There is no requirement to create an account using the e-mail address managed by an educational institution to obtain the educational discount. You will need to meet the relevant eligibility r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing should be lost if you use the same adobe id for the new plan as you used for the cancelled plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RedKate, are you planning to purchase a separate individual membership with an educational discount, or are you going to sign up through the plan managed by the educational institution?  

If it is through the institution, and using an e-mail address managed by them, then you can use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/transfer-assets.html to manually move many of your files, assets, and settings to the new account. Please make sure to contact the educational institution's Creative Cloud plan administrator to discover if there are any restrictions on the types of files and assets that can be moved in and out of accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to keep everything the same and continue using the same id and email address etc as I have done so for the past 15 years, but just pay the discounted student amount for the next year or two while I study. However, I'm not sure if I need to use my student email address for the account, or whether that can just be added as a secondary email purely for the purposes of proving my student status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, RedKate. I would encourage you to contact your educational institution to find out how they can accommodate your request.

If you decide to purchase an individual plan with an educational discount, I would strongly recommend you use an e-mail address not managed by the organization. There is no requirement to create an account using the e-mail address managed by an educational institution to obtain the educational discount. You will need to meet the relevant eligibility requirements for your country; however, RedKate. You can find more information on eligibility requirements at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/education-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have received good advice her from @Jeff A Wright.

The basic message is: nothing changes if you switch to a student subscription using the same Adobe ID, except for the discounted price. You may need to provide proof of your student status.

The crux with using an Adobe ID connected to your student e-mail address is when you terminate your studies. The e-mail gets then cancelled and that may affect your access to your plan. That needs to be prepared.

Some institutions, however, offer a free or discounted plan, together with their curriculum. That plan is managed the same way as plans are managed in big companies, and this will need some work for you to do, when you take your plan, but also when your plan gets cancelled. This concerns Jeff's message here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan-discussions/i-have-a-regular-plan-i-need-to-chan...).

Creative Cloud applications are the same, and they work the same. Creative Cloud space and therefore also Creative Cloud Libraries, etc are more rigid, as they are centrally managed and in such a case, you may not have 100% control over this data.

So that option is interesting if you get a substantial discount against an individual Creative Cloud Student Plan. This needs to be checked with your institution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines