• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to cancel unused subscription. FREE TRIAL DIDNT EVEN WORK

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How infuriating to not be able to cancel subscription after free trial not working. Was told on private chat that I am eligible for a refund only for them to say a few minutes later I have to pay for the whole year. What a joke. SEEMS IF YOU PURCHASE A FREE TRIAL. you won't get it. Then you will be stuck paying over 100 dollars a year FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS PROMOSED BUT NOT DELIVERED. poor form adobe. Please cancel my subscription as I haven't been able to use your product. I would like to cancel asap. I don't want any other options. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Ihavebeentricked, I am sorry you encountered a frustrating experience canceling your subscription to Acrobat.  We have been trying to reach you.  Can you please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update support case ADB-26539022-X5L6.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ihavebeentricked,

For refund rules, refer to the following link.
https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

If you meet these rules you will get a refund. Regarding cancellation, since it's a time critical process so contact support to cancel in case you are not able to do it on your own. Asking to cancel your plan on the forum is not going to help as these are peer to peer forums.

To contact support follow the instructions given below
1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted support twice. And this above is the information I received. Not only was there no option to cancel on my account, support refused to cancel. An absolute joke. Very disappointing. Would have never thought this would be such an issue. I hope other people are aware of your policies.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user forums. you're not addressing adobe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support can't refuse to cancel. Levying cancellation or not can be a discussion point but not agreeing to cancel is not an option at all. We don't know the specifics of your case so can't comment specifically but the recourse you have is to contact them and to keep escalating, asking to be connected to a senior person untill you get someone who understands your issue.

And not having an option to cancel does happen sometimes, for that again Adobe recommends to contact them and they shall get it done.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ihavebeentricked, I am sorry you encountered a frustrating experience canceling your subscription to Acrobat.  We have been trying to reach you.  Can you please use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to update support case ADB-26539022-X5L6.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replied to the chat twice on differnt days to request a call back and no one has reached me. I have asked for another call back (requested via email) and requested via chat box and no reply. I have tried to also request a call back via live chat today and they said it is best do it through email and then they disconnected before I was finished chatting. 
Impossible to request another call back it seems? What a nightmare. This is taking days and of course, fees taken out again yesterday for a product not used since day 1. I requested this refund 6 days ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you insist on a call back if it's clearly not working for you somehow? If I was you I would start a chat session and chat with an actual person to get this resolved. Cancellation of a plan is a routine task so any support executive would be able to do it easily for you.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. I didn't want a call obviously. The online chat person insisted that is what I need to do to move forward. They wouldn't do anything else to help resolve the issue. And said their manager needs to ring me for a refund! They mentioned I needed a call back. And that was it.

When I got a call I didn't get to it on time. You know, things happen. People have to go ro work, have family, things get in the way when you have a 4 hour window.  I tried to chat with someone on online chat again the next day. They told me I need to get another call. Now I'm waiting again. After another online chat of course where nothing is resolved. 
But thanks for your comment. Your thinking is also my thinking but Adobe has their own agenda. Extremely difficult, time consuming, and frustrating. It's been almost a week. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ihavebeentricked,

I totally get your frustration, but I am not sure what more to advice you. Well did you update your case as asked by @Jeff A Wright? This callback thing is something I am listening for the first time. Could you try one more thing while you do what Jeff said. Contact them again and if someone asks to wait for a callback, then ask to be connected to a supervisor. Keep escalating until you get your answers and the thing is cancelled.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!  Today's my last day to cancel the trial and I can't seem to find the right contact/page to do so.  What good is a "chat button" if you get it on the launch page asking you to sign in first, then it's no longer available when you do sign in.  I'm not sure if the trial just didn't work on my new laptop, or if the new Win11 laptop is the problem.  It's got a lot of bugs.

Anyway, this is my notification if I can't get a phone number, chat, or find a place on their site to notify them.  It's not working for me so I won't be buying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Cheri27848675nktd 

make sure you cancel today and preserve a record of your timely cancellaton.  for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines