• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New installation of CS 6 on new computer (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using my Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium 8 (Edu edition) for a couple of years now. Now my old PC was replaced by a new one, and I installed CS6 without any problems on the new one (Windows 10). Now when I just opened a file in Photoshop, a window popped up telling me to "renew or complete" (aktualisieren oder vervollständigen) my registration. I checked my profile at adobe.com, and there is my previous registration: serial number, registration date etc.

When I entered the serial number (with the hyphens), the site said there was something wrong with that.

What should I do? Continue working with CS6 and ignore the appeals to renew my registration?

Any help greatly appreciated 🙂

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Ignore the warning message.  Registering is not critically necessary to use the software.  But Activation is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore the warning message.  Registering is not critically necessary to use the software.  But Activation is.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but mine says the trial is up and I never had a trial version!! I had to install a new Hard drive and now my acrobat keeps popping up telling me my trial period is over. An adobe tech got on my pc in June and it stopped but it's doing it again. Before today it was still popping up but it told me I have 37,625 days to use my trial period!! Well, I am not sure I'll be here after that many days, so I was fine with that, but Now it's yelling at me to license it again!!

I put in the Master Collection main license and it pops back up five minutes later asking again. However, it does NOT do this with PS or DW!!! I use acrobat all day long.

Please HELP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>put in the Master Collection main license and it pops back up five minutes later asking again

I bought MC CS5 while I worked at a University... the several discs came with one number for everything EXCEPT Premiere Pro, which had a separate serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What was your solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines